Taylor Swift Mocks John Mayer for Assuming 'Dear John' Was About Him
Taylor Swift dissed John Mayer for making an assumption in an interview with Rolling Stone that her song "Dear John" was about him. "How presumptuous! I never disclose who my songs are about," the country/pop music crooner said.
When her interviewer was about to tell her how John felt about the song, Taylor cut in, "No! I don't want to know, I don't want to know." She added, "I know it wasn't good, so I don't want to know. I put a high priority on staying happy, and I know what I can't handle."
Taylor explained, "It's not that I'm this egomaniac and I don't want to hear anything negative, because I do keep myself in check. But I've never developed that thick a skin. So I just kind of live a life, and I let all the gossip live somewhere else. If you go too far down the rabbit hole of what people think about you, it can change everything about who you are."
John once said he was humiliated by the song. "It made me feel terrible because I didn't deserve it," he stated. "I'm pretty good at taking accountability now, and I never did anything to deserve that. It was a really lousy thing for her to do." He then fired back, calling the song a "kind of cheap songwriting."
John is currently linked to Katy Perry, while Taylor is dating Conor Kennedy. "I don't talk about my personal life in great detail," Taylor said to Glamour. "I write about it in my songs, and I feel like you can share enough about your life in your music to let people know what you're going through."
More Taylor Swift News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones