Taylor Swift Mocks John Mayer for Assuming 'Dear John' Was About Him
Taylor Swift dissed John Mayer for making an assumption in an interview with Rolling Stone that her song "Dear John" was about him. "How presumptuous! I never disclose who my songs are about," the country/pop music crooner said.
When her interviewer was about to tell her how John felt about the song, Taylor cut in, "No! I don't want to know, I don't want to know." She added, "I know it wasn't good, so I don't want to know. I put a high priority on staying happy, and I know what I can't handle."
Taylor explained, "It's not that I'm this egomaniac and I don't want to hear anything negative, because I do keep myself in check. But I've never developed that thick a skin. So I just kind of live a life, and I let all the gossip live somewhere else. If you go too far down the rabbit hole of what people think about you, it can change everything about who you are."
John once said he was humiliated by the song. "It made me feel terrible because I didn't deserve it," he stated. "I'm pretty good at taking accountability now, and I never did anything to deserve that. It was a really lousy thing for her to do." He then fired back, calling the song a "kind of cheap songwriting."
John is currently linked to Katy Perry, while Taylor is dating Conor Kennedy. "I don't talk about my personal life in great detail," Taylor said to Glamour. "I write about it in my songs, and I feel like you can share enough about your life in your music to let people know what you're going through."
More Taylor Swift News
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher