Taylor Swift Mocks John Mayer for Assuming 'Dear John' Was About Him
Taylor Swift dissed John Mayer for making an assumption in an interview with Rolling Stone that her song "Dear John" was about him. "How presumptuous! I never disclose who my songs are about," the country/pop music crooner said.
When her interviewer was about to tell her how John felt about the song, Taylor cut in, "No! I don't want to know, I don't want to know." She added, "I know it wasn't good, so I don't want to know. I put a high priority on staying happy, and I know what I can't handle."
Taylor explained, "It's not that I'm this egomaniac and I don't want to hear anything negative, because I do keep myself in check. But I've never developed that thick a skin. So I just kind of live a life, and I let all the gossip live somewhere else. If you go too far down the rabbit hole of what people think about you, it can change everything about who you are."
John once said he was humiliated by the song. "It made me feel terrible because I didn't deserve it," he stated. "I'm pretty good at taking accountability now, and I never did anything to deserve that. It was a really lousy thing for her to do." He then fired back, calling the song a "kind of cheap songwriting."
John is currently linked to Katy Perry, while Taylor is dating Conor Kennedy. "I don't talk about my personal life in great detail," Taylor said to Glamour. "I write about it in my songs, and I feel like you can share enough about your life in your music to let people know what you're going through."
More Taylor Swift News
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzling in Completely Sheer Bodysuit. Tempting Tristan Thompson?
- Chance the Rapper Apologizes to Dr. Dre for Degrading His Label
- Brad Pitt Wishes to Reconcile With Angelina Jolie Despite Messy Split
- Chris Brown Reveals He Tried to Have a Baby With Karrueche Tran
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role