Outraged Fans React Harshly After Jack White Cut Short His Radio City Show
Concertgoers who were left disappointed after Jack White cut short his performance at Radio City Music Hall over the weekend have reacted harshly on Twitterverse. Many fans took to the micro-blogging site to express their anger over White's decision to leave the Saturday, September 29 show in New York without any explanation.
" 'Jesus Christ, is this an NPR convention?' - Jack White at Radio City," wrote an upset fan named Jessica Misener. Another one called Helene Marie Taylor angrily posted, "Hey Jack White, we followed u all over the country. U visit r home town NYC & give us this? Suck it up & play 2 yr audience u p***y."
Ryan Schimmenti tweeted, "Jack White is a s*** bag. Played for an hour and left because he's a prick. #d***licker," while Rosie Gray wrote, "People now chanting 'f*** you Jack!' at the Jack White show because he played for 40 mins and didn't do any encores." Another user, ctina, cynically added, "wow jack white, i didnt know that level of diva existed. 1 hour show? #jackwhitesux #jackwhite."
Fans' anger didn't stop there as The New York Observer reported that hundreds of irate concertgoers, who paid a minimun $40 to attend the gig, took to the streets near the venue to express their disappointment. They screamed, "F*** Jack White!" and "This is bulls***!" and returned merchandise they had purchased at the show.
Hundreds of people were reportedly flocking outside Radio City, booing and demanding explanation as to why the former The White Stripes frontman cut short his show. "Jack White kills puppie!" yelled a fan, while another one shouted, "I'm going to f*** Meg White."
Jack White abruptly stalked off the stage after just 45 minutes of performing. At first, fans thought that it was a part of the show and they remained at the venue and expected the guitarist to retake the stage. After more than 20 minutes, all of the lights were turned on and ushers began informing the crowd that the show was over.
Speculations have since run wildly as to why White left the concert. Some people reportedly said that the Michigan guitarist had heated exchanges with a shirtless man in the front row, while others added that the 37-year-old musician shouted something before walking out of the stage.
Many others speculated that White was unhappy with the response he got from the audience. "Jesus Christ, is this an NPR convention?" he asked the crowd at one point during his performance. A member of Radio City security team revealed to The Observer, "He wasn't happy with the sound. I don't know why he pulled that."
White and his publicist have yet to release any official statement regarding the incident.
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video