Artist of the Week: Muse
After five albums, Muse know how to let their creativity keep flowing. Lead vocalist Matthew Bellamy revealed they were "writing intuitively with no concept to try to explain" when crafting their upcoming sixth installment "The 2nd Law".
Being dubbed "the most democratic" set they've ever made, the album which is slated for an October 2 release Stateside features two songs penned by bassist Chris Wolstenholme. "Save Me" and "Liquid State" are his works which revolve around his battle with alcoholism.
"It was so surprising. [Chris] has written bits and pieces before, but he's never actually finished a song," Matt said about his bandmate, who also provides lead vocals on both tracks. "I can't wait to see how he deals with singing it on stage. I'll be running around like a crazy man playing the metal riffs, it'll give me the chance to run out to the crowd or something. It could be good fun."
A follow-up to "The Resistance", their most successful album in the U.S. to date, the forthcoming set boasts "Survival" and "Madness". The former was chosen as the official song of the London 2012 Summer Olympics, and the band performed it at the closing ceremony in July.
Despite the international boost received by "Survival", "Madness" was more popular in the U.S. as it managed to enter top 100 of American songs chart. In the band's homeland of U.K., both songs were more well received, with "Survival" peaking at No. 22 and "Madness" at No. 28.
In support of the album, Muse are scheduled to embark on The 2nd Law Tour. Having kicked it off in London last August, the three-piece group will visit more than 20 countries across Europe before flying to Asia.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked