Daniel Craig Films Intense Fight Scene Underwater in New 'Skyfall' Video Blog
A closer look at the making of underwater fight scene in "Skyfall" is revealed in the latest video blog for the upcoming James Bond movie. Daniel Craig is featured tussling in a 20-meter depth water tank with thin ice on the surface when filming the intense scene. Director of Photography Roger Deakins is also seen explaining the challenges and difficulties in shooting the life-threatening sequence.
Craig reprises his role as Bond in "Skyfall" after previously tackling it in both "Casino Royale" and "Quantum of Solace". In the forthcoming film, Bond's loyalty to M (Judi Dench) is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. When MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.
The twenty-third installment of the British spy film franchise is helmed by Sam Mendes with Robert Wade, Neal Purvis and John Logan teaming up to provide the script. The movie has already been filmed in several countries including at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire, Scotland, Whitehall in London, Shanghai and Istanbul.
Craig recently shared that starring as James Bond meant that he had to be ready to put his life at risk. "I think what's always fantastic about the Bond stories is that there's always a darkness involved," he said. "But it's a darkness with a sense of humor. A black humor. It's about danger, but a good danger, because you're in the hands of somebody who's saying 'F*** you' to risk, 'F*** you' to dying."
"Skyfall" will open in the U.S. on November 9.
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'