Rick Ross and Young Jeezy Fought at 2012 BET Hip-Hop Awards Backstage
The 2012 BET Hip-Hop Awards was marred with a backstage altercation between Rick Ross and Young Jeezy. New York DJ Funkmaster Flex said in a tweet that shots were fired but Atlanta Police Department confirmed that no guns were fired during the incident and no arrest has been made.
It is yet clear what triggered the argument between Ross and Jeezy. Flex said they had words backstage and began the "pushing and shoving". Shortly after, he reportedly heard shots fired in the parking lot and police were called in at approximately 7:30 P.M.
"Shortly after 7:15 pm Saturday, a fight broke out in the parking lot at the Atlanta Civic Center between two groups. Officers on scene responded to break up the fight and used OC spray [aka pepper spray] in the process. Individuals fled the scene. There were no arrests or reports of serious injuries. Reports of shots fired appear to be untrue," a spokesperson for Atlanta Police Department told TMZ.
Police temporarily shut down the venue but most of the people in the building were unaware of the altercation. A Tribe Called Quest, Missy Elliott and Busta Rhymes were paying tribute to fallen music mogul Chris Lighty at that time.
A separate altercation was reported occurring between Ross' protege Gunplay and members of 50 Cent's G-Unit camp at the same event. Gun, according to MTV, was seen with visible wounds and was later put into handcuffs and detained.
The awards show was taped on Saturday, September 29 evening at Atlanta Civic Center and will air on October 9. Ross and Jeezy performed separate sets at the show.
More Rick Ross News
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds
- See Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Goof Around With Hillary Clinton at L.A. Fundraiser
- Lionsgate Bringing 'The Monolith' Comic Book to Big Screen
- Teresa Giudice Under Fire for Posting Inappropriate Bikini Pics of Her Underage Daughters