Woman Pleads Guilty to Sending Marion Cotillard Disturbing Videos
The woman who sent Marion Cotillard numerous bizarre videos has pleaded guilty to online stalking. Teresa Yuan, a Chinese medicine expert, admitted to sending 504 emails containing 120 bizarre webcam videos of herself to Cotillard's fan website over the course of four days last year.
In the chilling videos, Yuan, who suffers from bipolar disorder, discusses playing Russian roulette with the actress. Appearing with shaven head and without her top, Yuan talked about how the game's participants put a bullet into gun, spin it and pull the trigger at their head. "You have only one out of six chances of being shot. You have five out of six chances of living," she was quoted as saying in one of the videos.
Yuan also began blaming Cotillard for her problem. "I can be very calm and respectful and kind, but then you push me too far, you back me in a corner and this is how I feel," she said. The 23-year-old additionally threatened to kill the actress, saying "After it happens I'll feel no regret whatsoever because that's apparently how it feels to be a killer, to be a murderer."
Defense lawyer Michael Schneider thought the videos can be classified as threatening. Yuan could face up to 16 months in prison but prosecutors may allow sentence of probation and mental health treatment. Yuan told Judge William Kuntz that she is seeing a psychiatrist to treat her bipolar disorder.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date