Wes Bentley and Brit Marling to Star in Terrence Malick's Abraham Lincoln Film
Hot on heels of Natalie Portman's casting news in Noah Oppenheim-scripted Jackie O. Kennedy drama "Jackie", two other actors are tapped to star in another Presidential-related film "The Green Blade Rises". Deadline shares the words that Wes Bentley and Brit Marling have both been cast to tackle important roles in the Terrence Malick-produced film about Abraham Lincoln.
"The Green Blade Rises" will follow the story of Abe's youth and the women who guided him on his path. Wes is locked to play the first teacher of the young man who would later become America's 16th President. Brit, meanwhile, is set to play Abe's biological mother Nancy, who died when he was 9 years old.
The Seneca Crane of "The Hunger Games" and the Rhoda Williams of "Another Earth" will join Jason Clarke, who will play Abe's father, and Diane Kruger, who will star as his stepmom Sarah. The film still hasn't found a right actor to play the young Abraham Lincoln.
The Abraham Lincoln film marks the directorial debut of A.J. Edwards, who also works to pen the screenplay. Edwards himself is a frequent collaborator to Malick and has worked with him in such films as "To the Wonder", "The Tree of Life" and "The New World". There's still no word as to when Edwards is expected to begin filming.
- Caitlyn Jenner Surprises Kim Kardashian With Bare-Butt Sculpture
- Amber Heard Denies She Blackmailed Johnny Depp
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift