Wes Bentley and Brit Marling to Star in Terrence Malick's Abraham Lincoln Film
Hot on heels of Natalie Portman's casting news in Noah Oppenheim-scripted Jackie O. Kennedy drama "Jackie", two other actors are tapped to star in another Presidential-related film "The Green Blade Rises". Deadline shares the words that Wes Bentley and Brit Marling have both been cast to tackle important roles in the Terrence Malick-produced film about Abraham Lincoln.
"The Green Blade Rises" will follow the story of Abe's youth and the women who guided him on his path. Wes is locked to play the first teacher of the young man who would later become America's 16th President. Brit, meanwhile, is set to play Abe's biological mother Nancy, who died when he was 9 years old.
The Seneca Crane of "The Hunger Games" and the Rhoda Williams of "Another Earth" will join Jason Clarke, who will play Abe's father, and Diane Kruger, who will star as his stepmom Sarah. The film still hasn't found a right actor to play the young Abraham Lincoln.
The Abraham Lincoln film marks the directorial debut of A.J. Edwards, who also works to pen the screenplay. Edwards himself is a frequent collaborator to Malick and has worked with him in such films as "To the Wonder", "The Tree of Life" and "The New World". There's still no word as to when Edwards is expected to begin filming.
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'