Wes Bentley and Brit Marling to Star in Terrence Malick's Abraham Lincoln Film
Hot on heels of Natalie Portman's casting news in Noah Oppenheim-scripted Jackie O. Kennedy drama "Jackie", two other actors are tapped to star in another Presidential-related film "The Green Blade Rises". Deadline shares the words that Wes Bentley and Brit Marling have both been cast to tackle important roles in the Terrence Malick-produced film about Abraham Lincoln.
"The Green Blade Rises" will follow the story of Abe's youth and the women who guided him on his path. Wes is locked to play the first teacher of the young man who would later become America's 16th President. Brit, meanwhile, is set to play Abe's biological mother Nancy, who died when he was 9 years old.
The Seneca Crane of "The Hunger Games" and the Rhoda Williams of "Another Earth" will join Jason Clarke, who will play Abe's father, and Diane Kruger, who will star as his stepmom Sarah. The film still hasn't found a right actor to play the young Abraham Lincoln.
The Abraham Lincoln film marks the directorial debut of A.J. Edwards, who also works to pen the screenplay. Edwards himself is a frequent collaborator to Malick and has worked with him in such films as "To the Wonder", "The Tree of Life" and "The New World". There's still no word as to when Edwards is expected to begin filming.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris