Johnny Lewis Battling 'Psychopathy' Before His Death
Before falling to his death, Johnny Lewis had a serious mental issue. Wendy Feldman, who worked with him on "a potential alternative sentence that would keep him out of jail," opened up to E! News about the late actor's struggle with "psychopathy or bipolar disorder."
During her work with him "for a period of 2 months" this year, the alternative sentencing specialist noticed that Johnny had "an obvious need for a medical therapeutic approach versus a common-sense life-skills approach" to help him fight his mental illness.
Wendy denied reports on the web suggesting his erratic behavior that led to the death of his landlady and himself getting killed was partly a result of drug abuse. "Johnny denied to me he was taking drugs," she said. "I didn't see that profile. I really saw someone who had mental illness."
"When he was in the L.A. county jail system, he didn't want to take his meds that he was prescribed in the psych unit," she continued. According to a source, Johnny took a bipolar drug called Abilify but stopped it when he couldn't afford it anymore.
In addition to dealing with mental issue and having several trips to jail, unemployed Johnny was facing a custody battle of his child. "He was brokenhearted about that," Wendy revealed. "When he talked about his daughter, he talked about love."
The former "Sons of Anarchy" actor was also estranged from his family. "His father actually recognized he was very ill, and was pro him getting treatment for psychosis and his bipolar disorder," she said. "His father is actually very kind and wanted him to get better."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed