Johnny Lewis Battling 'Psychopathy' Before His Death
Before falling to his death, Johnny Lewis had a serious mental issue. Wendy Feldman, who worked with him on "a potential alternative sentence that would keep him out of jail," opened up to E! News about the late actor's struggle with "psychopathy or bipolar disorder."
During her work with him "for a period of 2 months" this year, the alternative sentencing specialist noticed that Johnny had "an obvious need for a medical therapeutic approach versus a common-sense life-skills approach" to help him fight his mental illness.
Wendy denied reports on the web suggesting his erratic behavior that led to the death of his landlady and himself getting killed was partly a result of drug abuse. "Johnny denied to me he was taking drugs," she said. "I didn't see that profile. I really saw someone who had mental illness."
"When he was in the L.A. county jail system, he didn't want to take his meds that he was prescribed in the psych unit," she continued. According to a source, Johnny took a bipolar drug called Abilify but stopped it when he couldn't afford it anymore.
In addition to dealing with mental issue and having several trips to jail, unemployed Johnny was facing a custody battle of his child. "He was brokenhearted about that," Wendy revealed. "When he talked about his daughter, he talked about love."
The former "Sons of Anarchy" actor was also estranged from his family. "His father actually recognized he was very ill, and was pro him getting treatment for psychosis and his bipolar disorder," she said. "His father is actually very kind and wanted him to get better."
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch