Natalie Portman Touted to Play Jackie Kennedy in New Drama
Natalie Portman is the latest actress touted to tackle the role of former First Lady, Jackie Kennedy. The Oscar-winning actress is Fox Searchlight's first choice to star as the lead character in Noah Oppenheim-scripted drama "Jackie".
Portman is so wanted that the studio reportedly is willing to find a director that she is pleased to work with. Darren Aronofsky, who directed her in "Black Swan", was initially involved in the project but he backed out when his relationship with actress Rachel Weisz ended. The then-couple wanted to do the project together but she dropped out first.
Per Deadline, "Jackie" takes the immediate aftermath of the assassination of her husband, President John F. Kennedy. It will show Jackie in her most vulnerable and graceful period as new government forces its way into the White House in the middle of her personal tragedy.
Portman reportedly likes the script but the choice of director will also be a factor in her deciding to sign up. Steven Spielberg had shown an interest of the project back in 2010 but he reportedly will only produce it for a TV movie for HBO and not involved in any way.
More Jackie News
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway