Natalie Portman Touted to Play Jackie Kennedy in New Drama
Natalie Portman is the latest actress touted to tackle the role of former First Lady, Jackie Kennedy. The Oscar-winning actress is Fox Searchlight's first choice to star as the lead character in Noah Oppenheim-scripted drama "Jackie".
Portman is so wanted that the studio reportedly is willing to find a director that she is pleased to work with. Darren Aronofsky, who directed her in "Black Swan", was initially involved in the project but he backed out when his relationship with actress Rachel Weisz ended. The then-couple wanted to do the project together but she dropped out first.
Per Deadline, "Jackie" takes the immediate aftermath of the assassination of her husband, President John F. Kennedy. It will show Jackie in her most vulnerable and graceful period as new government forces its way into the White House in the middle of her personal tragedy.
Portman reportedly likes the script but the choice of director will also be a factor in her deciding to sign up. Steven Spielberg had shown an interest of the project back in 2010 but he reportedly will only produce it for a TV movie for HBO and not involved in any way.
More Jackie News
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof