April 30, 2017  

Prince Harry's Naked Photos Case Won't Go to Court

September 28, 2012 (6:47 pm) GMT
A spokesman for St James' Palace said the Royals have decided not to file a complaint against The Sun because it would distract Harry.
Prince Harry

The Royal Family won't bother to put up a legal fight against the publication of Prince Harry's naked pics. The Palace thought that suing The Sun, which published the photos of Harry's naked romp with girls in a hotel room last month, will only be a distraction for the prince.

"We remain of the opinion that a hotel room is a private space where its occupants would have a reasonable expectation of privacy," the Royals said in a statement. "Prince Harry is currently focused entirely on his deployment in Afghanistan, so to pursue a complaint relating to his private life would not be appropriate at this time and would prove to be a distraction."

The spokesman for St James' Palace added, "Having considered the matter now for a number of weeks, we have decided not to pursue a complaint with the PCC on behalf of Prince Harry in respect of the photos of the prince taken in Las Vegas."

Press Complaints Commission itself had received thousands of complaints about the publication of the photos. However, PCC said last month that they decided not to investigate into the matter because they had not received a complaint from the parties involved.

More Prince Harry News

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
  2. Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
  3. 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
  4. Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
  5. 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
  6. Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
  7. Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
  8. Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal