'Major Crimes' Renewed for Season 2
"Major Crimes" has secured a new season order from TNT. Garnering strong ratings for the cable network since its debut in August, the spin-off to "The Closer" will return for its sophomore run in summer 2013.
"Week after week, 'Major Crimes' has drawn millions of fans with its combination of sharp writing and engaging characters brought to life by what can only be described as one of the best acting ensembles on television," says Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, when announcing the renewal. "We look forward to another season of this remarkable new drama."
Centering on Mary McDonnell's Sharon who is now in charge of Major Crimes Division, "Major Crimes" debuted to 9.5 million viewers which marked the most-watched series launch ever for basic cable. It has averaged nearly 7 million audience so far and ranks No. 1 as cable's new series in 2012. It will wrap its first season in mid-October.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic