'Major Crimes' Renewed for Season 2
"Major Crimes" has secured a new season order from TNT. Garnering strong ratings for the cable network since its debut in August, the spin-off to "The Closer" will return for its sophomore run in summer 2013.
"Week after week, 'Major Crimes' has drawn millions of fans with its combination of sharp writing and engaging characters brought to life by what can only be described as one of the best acting ensembles on television," says Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, when announcing the renewal. "We look forward to another season of this remarkable new drama."
Centering on Mary McDonnell's Sharon who is now in charge of Major Crimes Division, "Major Crimes" debuted to 9.5 million viewers which marked the most-watched series launch ever for basic cable. It has averaged nearly 7 million audience so far and ranks No. 1 as cable's new series in 2012. It will wrap its first season in mid-October.
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift