'Major Crimes' Renewed for Season 2
"Major Crimes" has secured a new season order from TNT. Garnering strong ratings for the cable network since its debut in August, the spin-off to "The Closer" will return for its sophomore run in summer 2013.
"Week after week, 'Major Crimes' has drawn millions of fans with its combination of sharp writing and engaging characters brought to life by what can only be described as one of the best acting ensembles on television," says Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, when announcing the renewal. "We look forward to another season of this remarkable new drama."
Centering on Mary McDonnell's Sharon who is now in charge of Major Crimes Division, "Major Crimes" debuted to 9.5 million viewers which marked the most-watched series launch ever for basic cable. It has averaged nearly 7 million audience so far and ranks No. 1 as cable's new series in 2012. It will wrap its first season in mid-October.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie