'Major Crimes' Renewed for Season 2
"Major Crimes" has secured a new season order from TNT. Garnering strong ratings for the cable network since its debut in August, the spin-off to "The Closer" will return for its sophomore run in summer 2013.
"Week after week, 'Major Crimes' has drawn millions of fans with its combination of sharp writing and engaging characters brought to life by what can only be described as one of the best acting ensembles on television," says Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, when announcing the renewal. "We look forward to another season of this remarkable new drama."
Centering on Mary McDonnell's Sharon who is now in charge of Major Crimes Division, "Major Crimes" debuted to 9.5 million viewers which marked the most-watched series launch ever for basic cable. It has averaged nearly 7 million audience so far and ranks No. 1 as cable's new series in 2012. It will wrap its first season in mid-October.
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos