'Major Crimes' Renewed for Season 2
"Major Crimes" has secured a new season order from TNT. Garnering strong ratings for the cable network since its debut in August, the spin-off to "The Closer" will return for its sophomore run in summer 2013.
"Week after week, 'Major Crimes' has drawn millions of fans with its combination of sharp writing and engaging characters brought to life by what can only be described as one of the best acting ensembles on television," says Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, when announcing the renewal. "We look forward to another season of this remarkable new drama."
Centering on Mary McDonnell's Sharon who is now in charge of Major Crimes Division, "Major Crimes" debuted to 9.5 million viewers which marked the most-watched series launch ever for basic cable. It has averaged nearly 7 million audience so far and ranks No. 1 as cable's new series in 2012. It will wrap its first season in mid-October.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked