Alleged Budget Cut Blamed for Latest Death on 'Grey's Anatomy'
Another major character has left "Grey's Anatomy". Following the fatal plane crash in last season's finale, [SPOILER ALERT!] Mark Sloane a.k.a. McSteamy (Eric Dane) died in the season 9 premiere after he went into a coma for 30 days.
Prior to Mark, Lexie Grey (Chyler Leigh) was killed in the plane crash and Teddy Altman (Kim Raver) moved to another hospital. According to some insiders, these three departures were results of a budget cut.
"Some of the cuts were easy, and some weren't," one source tells E! Online. While Leigh wanted to leave the drama series and Raver came to a mutual decision with creator Shonda Rhimes, Dane reportedly didn't ask to leave. Still other sources says Rhimes has "very legitimate reasons" for killing off Dane.
Dane's departure was announced in July this year. Rhimes said at the time that she and Dane "did not come to this decision lightly. But after much consideration and conversations, he and I have decided that this is the right time for his storyline to end."
Mark's fate on the show was teased before the new season kick-off with two pictures, which featured the character lying on a hospital bed. Also experiencing a tragic twist in the said outing is Arizona (Jessica Capshaw) who had to have her leg amputated.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series