Emma Watson on J.K. Rowling's 'The Casual Vacancy': I'm Sure It Will Be Amazing
Although J.K. Rowling goes into a different direction in her new book "The Casual Vacancy", Emma Watson has no doubt that the author will create another engaging tale. She hasn't read any excerpt from the book just yet, but she's adamant it will be great.
"I'll need to go to a bookshop. I'd like to read it - I haven't yet," the actress says to the reporters at a screening of "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" at the Mayfair Hotel in London. She adds, "I'm sure it will be amazing. I don't think I have one being sent to me."
"The Casual Vacancy" has gone on sale starting Thursday, September 27. With 1 million pre-orders, the book has reached No. 1 on the Amazon Book Chart in the United States. In this book, Rowling writes no children story. She breaks away from "Harry Potter" world and enters adult realm.
The story was secretly guarded before the book was released. It is set in a village of Pagford which just lost its town council member, Barry Fairbrother. Swiftly, a number of people ranging from delinquents to businessmen set their eyes on the "casual vacancy" left by the late Barry.
More Emma Watson News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris