Emma Watson on J.K. Rowling's 'The Casual Vacancy': I'm Sure It Will Be Amazing
Although J.K. Rowling goes into a different direction in her new book "The Casual Vacancy", Emma Watson has no doubt that the author will create another engaging tale. She hasn't read any excerpt from the book just yet, but she's adamant it will be great.
"I'll need to go to a bookshop. I'd like to read it - I haven't yet," the actress says to the reporters at a screening of "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" at the Mayfair Hotel in London. She adds, "I'm sure it will be amazing. I don't think I have one being sent to me."
"The Casual Vacancy" has gone on sale starting Thursday, September 27. With 1 million pre-orders, the book has reached No. 1 on the Amazon Book Chart in the United States. In this book, Rowling writes no children story. She breaks away from "Harry Potter" world and enters adult realm.
The story was secretly guarded before the book was released. It is set in a village of Pagford which just lost its town council member, Barry Fairbrother. Swiftly, a number of people ranging from delinquents to businessmen set their eyes on the "casual vacancy" left by the late Barry.
More Emma Watson News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!