Jay-Z Opens His 40/40 Club at the Barclays Center
Jay-Z threw a star-studded grand opening party of his 40/40 club & restaurant at the brand new Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Thursday night, September 27. Looking dapper in a tux and bowtie, the rapper welcomed his close friends and family to the hot spot.
The likes of Rihanna, J. Cole and Lyor Cohen were spotted supporting him at the launching party. It took place one day before the Jiggaman officially christened the multi-billion dollar complex in an eight-night live concert starting Friday.
"I walked around here earlier and I just seen everybody busy and at work trying to finish up and it was a great feeling," he gushed. "A guy stopped me in the hallway and said, 'Man this is a great thing for New York City.' And that's what the whole thing was about."
"Yeah I think I'm the American dream," he added. "That whole thing that you could come here and pull yourself up by the bootstraps, like that whole thing what America has always put up to the world that we represent. I feel that. Yes, I've lived that."
The Barclays Center boasts 101 luxury suites, four bars and lounge destinations, three clubs, and eight retail shops. It will house concerts by Justin Bieber, Lady GaGa, Rihanna, Green Day and Barbra Streisand, and various sport events like college basketball and boxing events.
More Jay-Z News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video