Jay-Z Opens His 40/40 Club at the Barclays Center
Jay-Z threw a star-studded grand opening party of his 40/40 club & restaurant at the brand new Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Thursday night, September 27. Looking dapper in a tux and bowtie, the rapper welcomed his close friends and family to the hot spot.
The likes of Rihanna, J. Cole and Lyor Cohen were spotted supporting him at the launching party. It took place one day before the Jiggaman officially christened the multi-billion dollar complex in an eight-night live concert starting Friday.
"I walked around here earlier and I just seen everybody busy and at work trying to finish up and it was a great feeling," he gushed. "A guy stopped me in the hallway and said, 'Man this is a great thing for New York City.' And that's what the whole thing was about."
"Yeah I think I'm the American dream," he added. "That whole thing that you could come here and pull yourself up by the bootstraps, like that whole thing what America has always put up to the world that we represent. I feel that. Yes, I've lived that."
The Barclays Center boasts 101 luxury suites, four bars and lounge destinations, three clubs, and eight retail shops. It will house concerts by Justin Bieber, Lady GaGa, Rihanna, Green Day and Barbra Streisand, and various sport events like college basketball and boxing events.
More Jay-Z News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival