Jay-Z Opens His 40/40 Club at the Barclays Center
Jay-Z threw a star-studded grand opening party of his 40/40 club & restaurant at the brand new Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Thursday night, September 27. Looking dapper in a tux and bowtie, the rapper welcomed his close friends and family to the hot spot.
The likes of Rihanna, J. Cole and Lyor Cohen were spotted supporting him at the launching party. It took place one day before the Jiggaman officially christened the multi-billion dollar complex in an eight-night live concert starting Friday.
"I walked around here earlier and I just seen everybody busy and at work trying to finish up and it was a great feeling," he gushed. "A guy stopped me in the hallway and said, 'Man this is a great thing for New York City.' And that's what the whole thing was about."
"Yeah I think I'm the American dream," he added. "That whole thing that you could come here and pull yourself up by the bootstraps, like that whole thing what America has always put up to the world that we represent. I feel that. Yes, I've lived that."
The Barclays Center boasts 101 luxury suites, four bars and lounge destinations, three clubs, and eight retail shops. It will house concerts by Justin Bieber, Lady GaGa, Rihanna, Green Day and Barbra Streisand, and various sport events like college basketball and boxing events.
More Jay-Z News
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise