Lil Wayne Beats Elvis Presley as Artist With Most Charting Hits
Lil Wayne dethrones the King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley, from his title of the artist with the most Billboard Hot 100 hits. The rapper has just entered his 109th single on the chart as the featured guest on The Game's "Celebration".
When it comes to the numbers, Wayne only has 42 hits with him as lead artist. The rest of them are thanks to the the Hip-Hop community that gives credit for featured artist. His achievement is gained in 13 years and three months, having first appeared in the week of July 10, 1999.
Presley himself had accumulated 108 hits on the Hot 100 chart between 1958 and 2003. As an argument, the US standard for the popularity of music singles only began in 1958 when Presley's career was already well underway.
Nevertheless, it was the "Glee" cast who have the most charting singles in the history in terms of non-individual act. The show, which rode the waves since 2009, has spawned 204 hits and renditions on the chart, beating The Beatles who have 71 so far.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy