Lil Wayne Beats Elvis Presley as Artist With Most Charting Hits
Lil Wayne dethrones the King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley, from his title of the artist with the most Billboard Hot 100 hits. The rapper has just entered his 109th single on the chart as the featured guest on The Game's "Celebration".
When it comes to the numbers, Wayne only has 42 hits with him as lead artist. The rest of them are thanks to the the Hip-Hop community that gives credit for featured artist. His achievement is gained in 13 years and three months, having first appeared in the week of July 10, 1999.
Presley himself had accumulated 108 hits on the Hot 100 chart between 1958 and 2003. As an argument, the US standard for the popularity of music singles only began in 1958 when Presley's career was already well underway.
Nevertheless, it was the "Glee" cast who have the most charting singles in the history in terms of non-individual act. The show, which rode the waves since 2009, has spawned 204 hits and renditions on the chart, beating The Beatles who have 71 so far.
More Lil Wayne News
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation