Lil Wayne Beats Elvis Presley as Artist With Most Charting Hits
Lil Wayne dethrones the King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley, from his title of the artist with the most Billboard Hot 100 hits. The rapper has just entered his 109th single on the chart as the featured guest on The Game's "Celebration".
When it comes to the numbers, Wayne only has 42 hits with him as lead artist. The rest of them are thanks to the the Hip-Hop community that gives credit for featured artist. His achievement is gained in 13 years and three months, having first appeared in the week of July 10, 1999.
Presley himself had accumulated 108 hits on the Hot 100 chart between 1958 and 2003. As an argument, the US standard for the popularity of music singles only began in 1958 when Presley's career was already well underway.
Nevertheless, it was the "Glee" cast who have the most charting singles in the history in terms of non-individual act. The show, which rode the waves since 2009, has spawned 204 hits and renditions on the chart, beating The Beatles who have 71 so far.
More Lil Wayne News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences