Intense Gunfight Scene Highlighted in New 'RoboCop' Set Videos
More amateur videos taken from the set of Jose Padilha's "RoboCop" reboot make their way out online. The latest series of the clips show some actors filming an intense gunfight scene in the middle of the night on the streets of Hamilton, Ontario. Manufactured rain is seen pouring down as those actors shoot the action-packed scene.
According to reports, the scene that was filmed on Wednesday night, September 26 was a crucial one because it saw protagonist Alex Murphy getting attacked by mercenaries. It was said that the attack was the one causing Murphy's critical wound that would lead him to become RoboCop.
A day prior, on the same location, two gun-wielding men clad in bomber jackets were caught on video tape rehearsing a scene where they rushed into an eatery, in which Joel Kinnaman's protagonist character was having a meal with a colleague. The two men were believed to be preparing for a scene where Murphy would be gunned down.
A remake of Paul Varhoeven's 1987 sci-fi pic of the same name, "RoboCop" focuses on Murphy, a cop who is brought back from the brink of death in the form of a cyborg with no memories of his prior life. The reboot version will be released in the U.S. on August 9, 2013.
Joining Kinnaman in the casting department are such actors as Gary Oldman, Samuel L. Jackson, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Abbie Cornish, Jay Baruchel and Jackie Earle Haley.
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song