Intense Gunfight Scene Highlighted in New 'RoboCop' Set Videos
More amateur videos taken from the set of Jose Padilha's "RoboCop" reboot make their way out online. The latest series of the clips show some actors filming an intense gunfight scene in the middle of the night on the streets of Hamilton, Ontario. Manufactured rain is seen pouring down as those actors shoot the action-packed scene.
According to reports, the scene that was filmed on Wednesday night, September 26 was a crucial one because it saw protagonist Alex Murphy getting attacked by mercenaries. It was said that the attack was the one causing Murphy's critical wound that would lead him to become RoboCop.
A day prior, on the same location, two gun-wielding men clad in bomber jackets were caught on video tape rehearsing a scene where they rushed into an eatery, in which Joel Kinnaman's protagonist character was having a meal with a colleague. The two men were believed to be preparing for a scene where Murphy would be gunned down.
A remake of Paul Varhoeven's 1987 sci-fi pic of the same name, "RoboCop" focuses on Murphy, a cop who is brought back from the brink of death in the form of a cyborg with no memories of his prior life. The reboot version will be released in the U.S. on August 9, 2013.
Joining Kinnaman in the casting department are such actors as Gary Oldman, Samuel L. Jackson, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Abbie Cornish, Jay Baruchel and Jackie Earle Haley.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie