Usher and Jennifer Hudson to Sing at 'Grammy Salute to Whitney Houston'
A special concert to celebrate the life and legacy of Whitney Houston is being arranged by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Usher and Jennifer Hudson are the first acts lined up to perform live at the upcoming gig.
The tribute concert "We Will Always Love You: A GRAMMY Salute to Whitney Houston" will take place on October 11 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. It will air as part of a one-hour special on CBS in November. More performers will be announced soon.
Whitney was remembered by fellow artists at the live telecast of the 54th Annual Grammy Awards on February 12 earlier this year. In a special segment, J-Hud belted out a moving rendition of Whitney's iconic song "I Will Always Love You" originally recorded by Dolly Parton.
LL Cool J also prayed for the late singer at the beginning of the show, Bruno Mars dedicated his "Runaway Baby" performance to her, Alicia Keys declared her love for the late singer before singing a tribute to Etta James, and Rihanna gave her a shout-out when singing "We Found Love".
More Usher News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip