Usher and Jennifer Hudson to Sing at 'Grammy Salute to Whitney Houston'
A special concert to celebrate the life and legacy of Whitney Houston is being arranged by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Usher and Jennifer Hudson are the first acts lined up to perform live at the upcoming gig.
The tribute concert "We Will Always Love You: A GRAMMY Salute to Whitney Houston" will take place on October 11 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. It will air as part of a one-hour special on CBS in November. More performers will be announced soon.
Whitney was remembered by fellow artists at the live telecast of the 54th Annual Grammy Awards on February 12 earlier this year. In a special segment, J-Hud belted out a moving rendition of Whitney's iconic song "I Will Always Love You" originally recorded by Dolly Parton.
LL Cool J also prayed for the late singer at the beginning of the show, Bruno Mars dedicated his "Runaway Baby" performance to her, Alicia Keys declared her love for the late singer before singing a tribute to Etta James, and Rihanna gave her a shout-out when singing "We Found Love".
More Usher News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville