Usher and Jennifer Hudson to Sing at 'Grammy Salute to Whitney Houston'
A special concert to celebrate the life and legacy of Whitney Houston is being arranged by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Usher and Jennifer Hudson are the first acts lined up to perform live at the upcoming gig.
The tribute concert "We Will Always Love You: A GRAMMY Salute to Whitney Houston" will take place on October 11 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. It will air as part of a one-hour special on CBS in November. More performers will be announced soon.
Whitney was remembered by fellow artists at the live telecast of the 54th Annual Grammy Awards on February 12 earlier this year. In a special segment, J-Hud belted out a moving rendition of Whitney's iconic song "I Will Always Love You" originally recorded by Dolly Parton.
LL Cool J also prayed for the late singer at the beginning of the show, Bruno Mars dedicated his "Runaway Baby" performance to her, Alicia Keys declared her love for the late singer before singing a tribute to Etta James, and Rihanna gave her a shout-out when singing "We Found Love".
More Usher News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says