Usher and Jennifer Hudson to Sing at 'Grammy Salute to Whitney Houston'
A special concert to celebrate the life and legacy of Whitney Houston is being arranged by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Usher and Jennifer Hudson are the first acts lined up to perform live at the upcoming gig.
The tribute concert "We Will Always Love You: A GRAMMY Salute to Whitney Houston" will take place on October 11 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. It will air as part of a one-hour special on CBS in November. More performers will be announced soon.
Whitney was remembered by fellow artists at the live telecast of the 54th Annual Grammy Awards on February 12 earlier this year. In a special segment, J-Hud belted out a moving rendition of Whitney's iconic song "I Will Always Love You" originally recorded by Dolly Parton.
LL Cool J also prayed for the late singer at the beginning of the show, Bruno Mars dedicated his "Runaway Baby" performance to her, Alicia Keys declared her love for the late singer before singing a tribute to Etta James, and Rihanna gave her a shout-out when singing "We Found Love".
More Usher News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'