Usher and Jennifer Hudson to Sing at 'Grammy Salute to Whitney Houston'
A special concert to celebrate the life and legacy of Whitney Houston is being arranged by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Usher and Jennifer Hudson are the first acts lined up to perform live at the upcoming gig.
The tribute concert "We Will Always Love You: A GRAMMY Salute to Whitney Houston" will take place on October 11 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. It will air as part of a one-hour special on CBS in November. More performers will be announced soon.
Whitney was remembered by fellow artists at the live telecast of the 54th Annual Grammy Awards on February 12 earlier this year. In a special segment, J-Hud belted out a moving rendition of Whitney's iconic song "I Will Always Love You" originally recorded by Dolly Parton.
LL Cool J also prayed for the late singer at the beginning of the show, Bruno Mars dedicated his "Runaway Baby" performance to her, Alicia Keys declared her love for the late singer before singing a tribute to Etta James, and Rihanna gave her a shout-out when singing "We Found Love".
More Usher News
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover