Pink Scores First No. 1 Album on Hot 200 With 'The Truth About Love'
It takes more than 15 years for Pink to rule Billboard 200 chart. Her latest studio installment "The Truth About Love" claims the peak position after selling 280,000 copies in its first week, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
It also marks the best debut sales week for the "Get the Party Started" hitmaker. Her previous highest start was in 2001 when "M!ssundaztood" scanned 220,000 to land on No. 6 of the chart. She, however, managed to reach higher at No. 2 in 2008 with "Funhouse".
Coming in second place is "Cruel Summer" which is presented by Kanye West. The G.O.O.D. Music compilation album sold 205,000 copies. On the R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, the number is able to send the record to the summit.
Another new release, The Killers' "Battle Born", enters the chart at No. 3 with 113,000. Though it secures a higher spot than the band's previous studio installment "Day & Age", the new set sold less than the 2008 album did in its first week (at No. 6 with 193,000).
Carly Rae Jepsen's "Kiss", meanwhile, lands on No. 6 in its debut week with (46,000). Two other new entries in the top 10 this week are Grizzly Bear's "Shields" and Ben Folds Five's "The Sound of the Life of the Mind", which place seventh (39,000) and tenth (just under 30,000) respectively.
Dave Matthews Band's "Away From the World" falls from No. 1 to 4 with additional 62,000 (down 77%). Little Big Town's "Tornado" loses its grip on the runner-up place and places fifth (50,000), Bob Dylan's "Tempest" slips from No. 3 to 8 with 35,000 (down 38%), while The Avett Brothers' "The Carpenter" steps down from No. 4 to 9 with 30,000 (down 69%).
- "The Truth About Love" - Pink (220,000 )
- "Cruel Summer" - G.O.O.D. Music artists (205,000)
- "Battle Born" - The Killers (113,000)
- "Away From the World" - Dave Matthews Band (62,000)
- "Tornado" - Little Big Town (50,000)
- "Kiss" - Carly Rae Jepsen (46,000)
- "Shields" - Grizzly Bear (39,000)
- "Tempest" - Bob Dylan (35,000)
- "The Carpenter" - The Avett Brothers (30,000)
- "The Sound of the Life of the Mind" - Ben Folds Five (just under 30,000)
More Pink News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory