First Footage of Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx in 'White House Down'
A first ever look at Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx in "White House Down" has landed online, thanks to ET Online. The two are featured in a behind-the-scene video that sees them filming some high-octane scenes on a set that has been built to look like the Blue Room in the White House.
Tatum, clad in a three-piece suit, is seen getting into action as some thugs wreak havoc in the White House, including its kitchen. Wielding a machine gun, Tatum fights the bad guys alone and at the same time tries to protect and find a safe way out for Foxx, who plays the U.S. President.
Roland Emmerich directs the actioner, which is described as " 'Die Hard' in the White House." The story follows a single father who also serves as a secret agent in charge to save the President when 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is occupied by paramilitary group.
"White House Down" is due to open in the U.S. on June 28, 2013. Rounding up the cast ensemble are Maggie Gyllenhaal, Joey King, Rachelle Lefevre, James Woods, Richard Jenkins, Jason Clarke, Garcelle Beauvais and Michael Murphy.
The film is a rival project to Millennium Films' "Olympus Has Fallen" (previously known as "White House Taken"), which was scheduled to kick off shooting before Emmerich's film. The competitor pic is directed by Antoine Fuqua with Gerard Butler tackling the role of the secret agent.
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak