First Footage of Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx in 'White House Down'
A first ever look at Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx in "White House Down" has landed online, thanks to ET Online. The two are featured in a behind-the-scene video that sees them filming some high-octane scenes on a set that has been built to look like the Blue Room in the White House.
Tatum, clad in a three-piece suit, is seen getting into action as some thugs wreak havoc in the White House, including its kitchen. Wielding a machine gun, Tatum fights the bad guys alone and at the same time tries to protect and find a safe way out for Foxx, who plays the U.S. President.
Roland Emmerich directs the actioner, which is described as " 'Die Hard' in the White House." The story follows a single father who also serves as a secret agent in charge to save the President when 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is occupied by paramilitary group.
"White House Down" is due to open in the U.S. on June 28, 2013. Rounding up the cast ensemble are Maggie Gyllenhaal, Joey King, Rachelle Lefevre, James Woods, Richard Jenkins, Jason Clarke, Garcelle Beauvais and Michael Murphy.
The film is a rival project to Millennium Films' "Olympus Has Fallen" (previously known as "White House Taken"), which was scheduled to kick off shooting before Emmerich's film. The competitor pic is directed by Antoine Fuqua with Gerard Butler tackling the role of the secret agent.
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert