First Footage of Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx in 'White House Down'
A first ever look at Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx in "White House Down" has landed online, thanks to ET Online. The two are featured in a behind-the-scene video that sees them filming some high-octane scenes on a set that has been built to look like the Blue Room in the White House.
Tatum, clad in a three-piece suit, is seen getting into action as some thugs wreak havoc in the White House, including its kitchen. Wielding a machine gun, Tatum fights the bad guys alone and at the same time tries to protect and find a safe way out for Foxx, who plays the U.S. President.
Roland Emmerich directs the actioner, which is described as " 'Die Hard' in the White House." The story follows a single father who also serves as a secret agent in charge to save the President when 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is occupied by paramilitary group.
"White House Down" is due to open in the U.S. on June 28, 2013. Rounding up the cast ensemble are Maggie Gyllenhaal, Joey King, Rachelle Lefevre, James Woods, Richard Jenkins, Jason Clarke, Garcelle Beauvais and Michael Murphy.
The film is a rival project to Millennium Films' "Olympus Has Fallen" (previously known as "White House Taken"), which was scheduled to kick off shooting before Emmerich's film. The competitor pic is directed by Antoine Fuqua with Gerard Butler tackling the role of the secret agent.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna