Nicole Kidman Is a Disturbed Mom in First 'Stoker' Trailer
A creepy first trailer for "Stoker" has been released, showcasing intense and disturbing scenes of a family who has just lost its patriarch. It sees Nicole Kidman playing a not-so-supportive mom to Mia Wasikowska, who portrays an introvert girl with tendency to become a dangerous person.
Things get more complicated after Nicole gets caught in an affair with a mysterious man, who is believed to be Mia's uncle. Plenty of eerie scenes are featured in the sneak peek, including those which see Mia stabbing her friend's hand with a pencil and an elderly woman being brutally attacked in a phone booth.
"Stoker" marks the English-language debut from the original "Oldboy" helmer Park Chan-wook. It follows Mia's India whose father dies in an auto accident. Following her dad's sudden death, her uncle Charlie (Matthew Goode), who she never knew existed, comes to live with her and her emotionally unstable mom (Nicole).
Soon after Charlie's arrival, India comes to suspect that this mysterious, charming man has ulterior motives. However, instead of feeling outrage or horror, this friendless girl becomes increasingly infatuated with him.
The thriller is produced by Ridley Scott and his late brother Tony. Providing the script, meanwhile, is Wentworth Miller. The film is slated for a March 1, 2013 release in the United States.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'