Nicole Kidman Is a Disturbed Mom in First 'Stoker' Trailer
A creepy first trailer for "Stoker" has been released, showcasing intense and disturbing scenes of a family who has just lost its patriarch. It sees Nicole Kidman playing a not-so-supportive mom to Mia Wasikowska, who portrays an introvert girl with tendency to become a dangerous person.
Things get more complicated after Nicole gets caught in an affair with a mysterious man, who is believed to be Mia's uncle. Plenty of eerie scenes are featured in the sneak peek, including those which see Mia stabbing her friend's hand with a pencil and an elderly woman being brutally attacked in a phone booth.
"Stoker" marks the English-language debut from the original "Oldboy" helmer Park Chan-wook. It follows Mia's India whose father dies in an auto accident. Following her dad's sudden death, her uncle Charlie (Matthew Goode), who she never knew existed, comes to live with her and her emotionally unstable mom (Nicole).
Soon after Charlie's arrival, India comes to suspect that this mysterious, charming man has ulterior motives. However, instead of feeling outrage or horror, this friendless girl becomes increasingly infatuated with him.
The thriller is produced by Ridley Scott and his late brother Tony. Providing the script, meanwhile, is Wentworth Miller. The film is slated for a March 1, 2013 release in the United States.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences