Nicole Kidman Is a Disturbed Mom in First 'Stoker' Trailer
A creepy first trailer for "Stoker" has been released, showcasing intense and disturbing scenes of a family who has just lost its patriarch. It sees Nicole Kidman playing a not-so-supportive mom to Mia Wasikowska, who portrays an introvert girl with tendency to become a dangerous person.
Things get more complicated after Nicole gets caught in an affair with a mysterious man, who is believed to be Mia's uncle. Plenty of eerie scenes are featured in the sneak peek, including those which see Mia stabbing her friend's hand with a pencil and an elderly woman being brutally attacked in a phone booth.
"Stoker" marks the English-language debut from the original "Oldboy" helmer Park Chan-wook. It follows Mia's India whose father dies in an auto accident. Following her dad's sudden death, her uncle Charlie (Matthew Goode), who she never knew existed, comes to live with her and her emotionally unstable mom (Nicole).
Soon after Charlie's arrival, India comes to suspect that this mysterious, charming man has ulterior motives. However, instead of feeling outrage or horror, this friendless girl becomes increasingly infatuated with him.
The thriller is produced by Ridley Scott and his late brother Tony. Providing the script, meanwhile, is Wentworth Miller. The film is slated for a March 1, 2013 release in the United States.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune