Audio: Taylor Swift's Post-Breakup Song 'Begin Again' Released in Full
Taylor Swift's post-breakup song "Begin Again" has finally been released in full. Making its way out on iTunes on Tuesday, September 25, the slow track tells about moving on from a bitter split by having a crush on someone new.
Unlike "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" which boasts upbeat tempo and is more of a pop song, "Begin Again" offers a country-inspired somber melody as Taylor croons softly. "I think it's strange that you think I'm funny, because he never did," she sings, comparing her new crush to an ex boyfriend.
"Begin Again" was first previewed on "Good Morning America" on Monday, September 24. Explaining the meaning behind the song, the 22-year-old singer said, "It's actually a song about kind of when you've gotten through a really bad relationship and you finally dust yourself off and go on that first date after a horrible breakup and the vulnerability that goes along with all of that."
Taylor will release her anticipated fourth album, "Red", on October 22.
More Taylor Swift News
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair