Audio: Taylor Swift's Post-Breakup Song 'Begin Again' Released in Full
Taylor Swift's post-breakup song "Begin Again" has finally been released in full. Making its way out on iTunes on Tuesday, September 25, the slow track tells about moving on from a bitter split by having a crush on someone new.
Unlike "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" which boasts upbeat tempo and is more of a pop song, "Begin Again" offers a country-inspired somber melody as Taylor croons softly. "I think it's strange that you think I'm funny, because he never did," she sings, comparing her new crush to an ex boyfriend.
"Begin Again" was first previewed on "Good Morning America" on Monday, September 24. Explaining the meaning behind the song, the 22-year-old singer said, "It's actually a song about kind of when you've gotten through a really bad relationship and you finally dust yourself off and go on that first date after a horrible breakup and the vulnerability that goes along with all of that."
Taylor will release her anticipated fourth album, "Red", on October 22.
More Taylor Swift News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'