Audio: Taylor Swift's Post-Breakup Song 'Begin Again' Released in Full
Taylor Swift's post-breakup song "Begin Again" has finally been released in full. Making its way out on iTunes on Tuesday, September 25, the slow track tells about moving on from a bitter split by having a crush on someone new.
Unlike "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" which boasts upbeat tempo and is more of a pop song, "Begin Again" offers a country-inspired somber melody as Taylor croons softly. "I think it's strange that you think I'm funny, because he never did," she sings, comparing her new crush to an ex boyfriend.
"Begin Again" was first previewed on "Good Morning America" on Monday, September 24. Explaining the meaning behind the song, the 22-year-old singer said, "It's actually a song about kind of when you've gotten through a really bad relationship and you finally dust yourself off and go on that first date after a horrible breakup and the vulnerability that goes along with all of that."
Taylor will release her anticipated fourth album, "Red", on October 22.
More Taylor Swift News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3