Madonna Explains Her Calling Obama 'a Black Muslim'
Madonna answers people's questions as to why she called President Barack Obama "a black Muslim" when giving him an endorsement at her concert in Washington D.C. The Material Girl explains her statement, "I was being ironic on stage."
"Yes I know Obama is not a Muslim - though I know that plenty of people in this country think he is. And what if he were? The point I was making is that a good man is a good man no matter who he prays to. I don't care what religion Obama is - nor should anyone else in America."
Madge seemed to confuse her fans when she called Mr. President "a black Muslim in the White House" while voicing her support for him. "It means there is hope in this country," she explained. "And Obama is fighting for gay rights, okay? So support the man, goddamnit!"
More Madonna News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent