Madonna Explains Her Calling Obama 'a Black Muslim'
Madonna answers people's questions as to why she called President Barack Obama "a black Muslim" when giving him an endorsement at her concert in Washington D.C. The Material Girl explains her statement, "I was being ironic on stage."
"Yes I know Obama is not a Muslim - though I know that plenty of people in this country think he is. And what if he were? The point I was making is that a good man is a good man no matter who he prays to. I don't care what religion Obama is - nor should anyone else in America."
Madge seemed to confuse her fans when she called Mr. President "a black Muslim in the White House" while voicing her support for him. "It means there is hope in this country," she explained. "And Obama is fighting for gay rights, okay? So support the man, goddamnit!"
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'