Madonna Explains Her Calling Obama 'a Black Muslim'
Madonna answers people's questions as to why she called President Barack Obama "a black Muslim" when giving him an endorsement at her concert in Washington D.C. The Material Girl explains her statement, "I was being ironic on stage."
"Yes I know Obama is not a Muslim - though I know that plenty of people in this country think he is. And what if he were? The point I was making is that a good man is a good man no matter who he prays to. I don't care what religion Obama is - nor should anyone else in America."
Madge seemed to confuse her fans when she called Mr. President "a black Muslim in the White House" while voicing her support for him. "It means there is hope in this country," she explained. "And Obama is fighting for gay rights, okay? So support the man, goddamnit!"
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle