Fiona Apple Spotted Off-Stage First Time Since Drug Arrest
Fiona Apple didn't look happy when she crossed paths with paparazzi off-stage outside the House of Blues in New Orleans. The singer flashed no smile and pursed her lips when passing the shutterbugs to enter the venue for a scheduled live concert.
The sighting marked the first time she was spotted off-stage since she was busted for hashish and marijuana possession in Texas on September 19. The arrest led to her canceling a gig that was supposed to take place at Austin City Limits Live at Moody Theater the next day.
In her first post-arrest concert, Fiona accused the cops who arrested her of doing something "illegal" when they detained her. "I wrote it all down with your names, and everything you did and said, stupidly thinking that I couldn't hear or see you," she claimed. "Unless you're interested in being a celebrity, I'll make you f***ing famous any time you ask."
Rusty Fleming, a rep of Hudspeth County Sheriff's Dept. fired back. He said, "First- Honey, I'm already more famous than you, I don't need your help. However, it would appear that you need mine. Two weeks ago nobody in the country cared about what you had to say. Now that you've been arrested it appears your entire career has been jump started. Don't worry, Sweetie, I won't bill you."
The snarky response was criticized by Texas native Solange Knowles. "Only in Texas would a Sheriff write an open letter to an artist & send it to press starting w the words, 'First, Honey'," she tweeted. "On behalf of my state, #SorryFiona. Just goes to show so clearly these cops luv ego-tripp'n ... I especially love the part when the cop says 'Im already more famous than you'."
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons