Lady GaGa Opens Up About Her Struggle With Eating Disorders
Hot on heels of criticisms of her weight gain, Lady GaGa revealed to her fans that she's been struggling with bulimia since she was teen. She posted a picture of herself proudly showing off her body in a yellow lingerie while looking somber with her eyes closed.
"Bulimia and anorexia since I was 15," the mother monster wrote a series of messages on her social network along with the pictures of her scantily-clad self. "But today I join the BODY REVOLUTION. To Inspire Bravery and BREED some M$therf*cking COMPASSION."
The New Yorker thanked her fans and her boyfriend Taylor Kinney for helping her battle the body-image issue. "My boyfriend prefers me curvier, when I eat and am healthy and not so worried about my looks, I'm happy. Happier than I've ever been," she said.
She encouraged her Little Monsters to do the same by helping one another and embracing their bodies without fears of being judged. "Now that the body revolution has begun, be brave and post a photo of you that celebrates your triumph over insecurities," she wrote.
"Be brave and celebrate with us your 'perceived flaws,' as society tells us," GaGa additionally said. "May we make our flaws famous, and thus redefine the heinous." She later uploaded a series of photos from her fans that represented "brave post" and "brave revolutionary."
GaGa hinted about the anorexia issue when she revealed the restricted diet and the workout routine she had to endure to keep her slim body earlier this year. "Just killed back to back spin classes. Eating a salad and dreaming of a cheeseburger," she tweeted. "Pop stars don't eat."
Many fans were concerned about her back then. Her friend Elton John once said, "I talk to her mum and dad about it. They worry." He continued, "She is frail, and she doesn't eat when she should do, and she's a girl, and it's tougher for a girl."
Of her recent weight gain, GaGa said, "I really don't feel bad about it, not even for a second." She explained further, "I have to be on such a strict diet constantly. It's hard because it's a quite vigorous show, so I tend to bulk up, get muscular, and I really don't like that. So I'm trying to find a new balance."
Other celebrities having similar issue included Katie Couric, Demi Lovato and Salma Hayek.
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3