MTV to Air Interview With 'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood in Prison
Amber Portwood's troubled life will once again get highlighted on a TV show. The star of "Teen Mom" will appear in an MTV special that will feature her and Dr. Drew having an intimate discussion about what life has been like since she got locked up in the Rockville Correctional Facility in June this year.
The mother of one will open up about her relationship with her daughter Leah, ex-boyfriend Gary and her family, as well as share her hopes for the future. Titled "Amber Behind Bars: An MTV Special", the half-hour interview will premiere Tuesday, October 9 at 10 P.M. ET/PT.
In a season 4 finale special of "Teen Mom", Portwood said in a statement, "Right now I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing with my life. I guess I just got lost. I went to jail because I had an addiction to opiates. You live and you learn, and that's real"
"I'm not a normal 21-year-old - I'm a mother," she added. "Which means I have to grow up quicker and start acting like a mother.... Right now my number one priority in life is dedicating my life to being sober, to being a sober person. And to show my daughter that people make mistakes but you can always come back."
MTV canceled "Teen Mom" earlier this year after four seasons. The network will air a "Farewell Special" on Tuesday, October 2 at 10 P.M. ET/PT.
More Teen Mom News
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker
- Nicole Kidman, Steve Carell and Amy Schumer Will Star in 'She Came to Me'