MTV to Air Interview With 'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood in Prison
Amber Portwood's troubled life will once again get highlighted on a TV show. The star of "Teen Mom" will appear in an MTV special that will feature her and Dr. Drew having an intimate discussion about what life has been like since she got locked up in the Rockville Correctional Facility in June this year.
The mother of one will open up about her relationship with her daughter Leah, ex-boyfriend Gary and her family, as well as share her hopes for the future. Titled "Amber Behind Bars: An MTV Special", the half-hour interview will premiere Tuesday, October 9 at 10 P.M. ET/PT.
In a season 4 finale special of "Teen Mom", Portwood said in a statement, "Right now I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing with my life. I guess I just got lost. I went to jail because I had an addiction to opiates. You live and you learn, and that's real"
"I'm not a normal 21-year-old - I'm a mother," she added. "Which means I have to grow up quicker and start acting like a mother.... Right now my number one priority in life is dedicating my life to being sober, to being a sober person. And to show my daughter that people make mistakes but you can always come back."
MTV canceled "Teen Mom" earlier this year after four seasons. The network will air a "Farewell Special" on Tuesday, October 2 at 10 P.M. ET/PT.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones