Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr. Welcome a Son
Sarah Michelle Gellar, 35, and Freddie Prinze Jr., 36, have welcomed their second child, a baby boy. "Sarah Michelle and Freddie Prinze, Jr. are thrilled to announce that they welcomed a baby son into the world this past week," a rep announced to the press.
"Mother and baby are doing great," the representative added. "And Charlotte is VERY excited to be a big sister." Sarah and Freddie's first child, a daughter named Charlotte Grace, was born on September 19, 2009, seven years after they got married in Mexico.
Sarah met Freddie in 1996 when filming "I Know What You Did Last Summer". They began dating three years later before tying the knot in 2002. The couple also worked together in 2002's "Scooby-Doo" and its 2007 sequel "Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed".
Why did it take her seven years to become parents? "Becoming a parent is the most selfless act, and you need to be at a point in your life where you can give up anything and everything for a child," she once explained. "I don't know if you know how to do that when you're in your 20s."
More Sarah Michelle Gellar News
- Beyonce Delays Start of Her Minneapolis Concert due to Storm
- Kelly Osbourne Retaliates Against Ozzy's Alleged Mistress. How?
- Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. Fly to California to Surprise Cancer-Stricken Fan
- New 'Halloween' Movie Is in the Works With the Original's Helmer Attached
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Blac Chyna Shares First Ultrasound Picture Along With Sweet Message for Rob Kardashian
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise