Hugh Jackman Bares His Muscles in First Official Image of 'The Wolverine'
After being featured in a number of "The Wolverine" set photos, Hugh Jackman finally appears in a first ever official still of the upcoming mutant hero movie. The newly-released image puts Jackman in the spotlight as he bares his killer guns and ripped abs.
Jackman is shirtless in the dark photo, sporting Wolverine's sharp-pointed claws while his muscles are bulging all over the place. Looking angry, he is seen standing in front of what seems to be a Buddhist temple.
Set to arrive in the U.S. cinemas on July 26, 2013, "The Wolverine" will see Jackman's Logan embarking on an adventure in Japan. There, samurai steel will clash with adamantium claws as Logan confronts a mysterious figure from his past in an epic battle that will leave him forever changed. The story is based on the early 1980s Chris Claremont/Frank Miller miniseries.
The Marvel movie has been filming in both Australia and Japan with James Mangold serving as the director. The film itself is designed as a standalone pic which is not related to 2009's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine".
"We've deliberately not called it Wolverine 2 because we want it to be placed and feel like a standalone picture," Jackman recently said. "With an all-new cast and setting in Japan, it's going to give us a whole new visual aesthetic."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie