Hugh Jackman Bares His Muscles in First Official Image of 'The Wolverine'
After being featured in a number of "The Wolverine" set photos, Hugh Jackman finally appears in a first ever official still of the upcoming mutant hero movie. The newly-released image puts Jackman in the spotlight as he bares his killer guns and ripped abs.
Jackman is shirtless in the dark photo, sporting Wolverine's sharp-pointed claws while his muscles are bulging all over the place. Looking angry, he is seen standing in front of what seems to be a Buddhist temple.
Set to arrive in the U.S. cinemas on July 26, 2013, "The Wolverine" will see Jackman's Logan embarking on an adventure in Japan. There, samurai steel will clash with adamantium claws as Logan confronts a mysterious figure from his past in an epic battle that will leave him forever changed. The story is based on the early 1980s Chris Claremont/Frank Miller miniseries.
The Marvel movie has been filming in both Australia and Japan with James Mangold serving as the director. The film itself is designed as a standalone pic which is not related to 2009's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine".
"We've deliberately not called it Wolverine 2 because we want it to be placed and feel like a standalone picture," Jackman recently said. "With an all-new cast and setting in Japan, it's going to give us a whole new visual aesthetic."
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair