'Thor: The Dark World' Casts Captain of Einherjar and Odin's Son Tyr
Though it has already begun its principal photography, "Thor: The Dark World" is still expanding its cast ensemble. The second God of Thunder movie has added two major demigod characters who will be played by Richard Brake and Clive Russell, Deadline reports.
"Water for Elephants" actor Brake is set to star as the captain of Einherjar, a warrior team that fights alongside Thor on numerous occasions. "Sherlock Holmes" star Russell, meanwhile, will play Thor's older brother Tyr, who is also the God of War. Tyr, unlike Loki, is the biological son of Odin.
Brake and Russell will join Chris Hemsworth who reprises his titular role in the "Thor" sequel. Also lining up in the cast ensemble are Natalie Portman as Jane Foster, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Idris Elba as Heimdall, Anthony Hopkins as Odin, Stellan Skarsgard as Dr. Erik Selvig, and Christopher Eccleston as Malekith the Accursed.
Currently filming in U.K., "Thor 2" still hasn't revealed its plot details but it's been said that the film will see the hammer-wielding demigod fighting the Dark Elves. Alan Taylor serves behind the lens for the film which is scheduled to open wide in the U.S. on November 8, 2013.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift