'Thor: The Dark World' Casts Captain of Einherjar and Odin's Son Tyr
Though it has already begun its principal photography, "Thor: The Dark World" is still expanding its cast ensemble. The second God of Thunder movie has added two major demigod characters who will be played by Richard Brake and Clive Russell, Deadline reports.
"Water for Elephants" actor Brake is set to star as the captain of Einherjar, a warrior team that fights alongside Thor on numerous occasions. "Sherlock Holmes" star Russell, meanwhile, will play Thor's older brother Tyr, who is also the God of War. Tyr, unlike Loki, is the biological son of Odin.
Brake and Russell will join Chris Hemsworth who reprises his titular role in the "Thor" sequel. Also lining up in the cast ensemble are Natalie Portman as Jane Foster, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Idris Elba as Heimdall, Anthony Hopkins as Odin, Stellan Skarsgard as Dr. Erik Selvig, and Christopher Eccleston as Malekith the Accursed.
Currently filming in U.K., "Thor 2" still hasn't revealed its plot details but it's been said that the film will see the hammer-wielding demigod fighting the Dark Elves. Alan Taylor serves behind the lens for the film which is scheduled to open wide in the U.S. on November 8, 2013.
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016