'Thor: The Dark World' Casts Captain of Einherjar and Odin's Son Tyr
Though it has already begun its principal photography, "Thor: The Dark World" is still expanding its cast ensemble. The second God of Thunder movie has added two major demigod characters who will be played by Richard Brake and Clive Russell, Deadline reports.
"Water for Elephants" actor Brake is set to star as the captain of Einherjar, a warrior team that fights alongside Thor on numerous occasions. "Sherlock Holmes" star Russell, meanwhile, will play Thor's older brother Tyr, who is also the God of War. Tyr, unlike Loki, is the biological son of Odin.
Brake and Russell will join Chris Hemsworth who reprises his titular role in the "Thor" sequel. Also lining up in the cast ensemble are Natalie Portman as Jane Foster, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Idris Elba as Heimdall, Anthony Hopkins as Odin, Stellan Skarsgard as Dr. Erik Selvig, and Christopher Eccleston as Malekith the Accursed.
Currently filming in U.K., "Thor 2" still hasn't revealed its plot details but it's been said that the film will see the hammer-wielding demigod fighting the Dark Elves. Alan Taylor serves behind the lens for the film which is scheduled to open wide in the U.S. on November 8, 2013.
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'