Video: Julia Louis-Dreyfus Reads Amy Poehler's Acceptance Speech at 2012 Emmy Awards
Jimmy Kimmel wasn't the only one who set up a stunt at the recently held Primetime Emmy Awards. Though competing for the Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy prize, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Amy Poehler teamed up to generate laughs as they pretended to have accidentally switched speech notes.
When Louis-Dreyfus was announced as the winner in the aforementioned category, she shared a hug with Poehler before heading to the stage. The "Veep" star then read from a piece of paper she held, "First of all, I would like to thank NBC, 'Parks and Rec'," before she realized that she read the wrong acceptance speech.
Poehler ran onto the stage to hand another paper to Louis-Dreyfus, who later delivered her real acceptance speech. Before heading backstage, the "Seinfeld" alumna read a note at the bottom of the paper, "Isn't it a shame that Amy Poehler didn't win?"
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story