Video: Julia Louis-Dreyfus Reads Amy Poehler's Acceptance Speech at 2012 Emmy Awards
Jimmy Kimmel wasn't the only one who set up a stunt at the recently held Primetime Emmy Awards. Though competing for the Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy prize, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Amy Poehler teamed up to generate laughs as they pretended to have accidentally switched speech notes.
When Louis-Dreyfus was announced as the winner in the aforementioned category, she shared a hug with Poehler before heading to the stage. The "Veep" star then read from a piece of paper she held, "First of all, I would like to thank NBC, 'Parks and Rec'," before she realized that she read the wrong acceptance speech.
Poehler ran onto the stage to hand another paper to Louis-Dreyfus, who later delivered her real acceptance speech. Before heading backstage, the "Seinfeld" alumna read a note at the bottom of the paper, "Isn't it a shame that Amy Poehler didn't win?"
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie