Video: Julia Louis-Dreyfus Reads Amy Poehler's Acceptance Speech at 2012 Emmy Awards
Jimmy Kimmel wasn't the only one who set up a stunt at the recently held Primetime Emmy Awards. Though competing for the Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy prize, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Amy Poehler teamed up to generate laughs as they pretended to have accidentally switched speech notes.
When Louis-Dreyfus was announced as the winner in the aforementioned category, she shared a hug with Poehler before heading to the stage. The "Veep" star then read from a piece of paper she held, "First of all, I would like to thank NBC, 'Parks and Rec'," before she realized that she read the wrong acceptance speech.
Poehler ran onto the stage to hand another paper to Louis-Dreyfus, who later delivered her real acceptance speech. Before heading backstage, the "Seinfeld" alumna read a note at the bottom of the paper, "Isn't it a shame that Amy Poehler didn't win?"
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI