Video: Julia Louis-Dreyfus Reads Amy Poehler's Acceptance Speech at 2012 Emmy Awards
Jimmy Kimmel wasn't the only one who set up a stunt at the recently held Primetime Emmy Awards. Though competing for the Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy prize, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Amy Poehler teamed up to generate laughs as they pretended to have accidentally switched speech notes.
When Louis-Dreyfus was announced as the winner in the aforementioned category, she shared a hug with Poehler before heading to the stage. The "Veep" star then read from a piece of paper she held, "First of all, I would like to thank NBC, 'Parks and Rec'," before she realized that she read the wrong acceptance speech.
Poehler ran onto the stage to hand another paper to Louis-Dreyfus, who later delivered her real acceptance speech. Before heading backstage, the "Seinfeld" alumna read a note at the bottom of the paper, "Isn't it a shame that Amy Poehler didn't win?"
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'