One Direction's Next Single Could Be Written by Ed Sheeran
One Direction might release an Ed Sheeran-written song as their next single. Teasing the possibility was none other than Sheeran himself, who revealed that he has contributed two songs in 1D's upcoming album "Take Me Home". The "Lego House" singer said that one of his written songs could end up being a follow-up to "Live While We're Young".
"One of them is kind of a getting-back together song. One of them is an appreciation song," Sheeran told MTV News about the upcoming songs, but refused to reveal their titles. "I can't say the titles. The song that I think will be the single, one of the singles, is kind of a very sweet song," he teased.
Sheeran, who wrote ballad song "Moments" for 1D's first album "Up All Night", continued, "It was written about the best things about someone, kind of like the things you wouldn't expect. You'll have to hear it. I can't really say too much 'cause it's their album. I want them to be the first ones to announce it and stuff."
The red-haired British singer/songwriter went on explaining the inspiration behind the two songs he wrote for the popular boyband, saying, "The two songs that I wrote for One Direction's album are, they're the same subject matter as the last song I wrote for the last album 'cause they're from the same batch of songs." He revealed, "They're both about my ex-girlfriend."
One Direction's highly-anticipated new album "Take Me Home" is due in the U.S. on November 12.
More One Direction News
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia