'New Girl' Star Max Greenfield Ready to Go Full Frontal for 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
Another hunky actor gets linked to the "Fifty Shades of Grey" casting. After the likes of Ian Somerhalder, Ryan Gosling and Robert Pattinson were previously named the contenders to play Christian Grey, this time around it is Max Greenfield who is said to be a favorite choice to tackle the sex-driven character.
Asked to comment on the report when attending 2012 Primetime Emmy Awards, the "New Girl" actor admitted that he's ready to give his best, including going full frontal, should he get cast in the film. "Yeah, that's not a problem," he told E!'s Giuliana Rancic on the red carpet. "That's not the issue. It's the issue of whether they wanna see that much intensity on screen, because that's what I plan to bring."
Greenfield joined the list of Hollywood hotties who were reportedly eyed to play the male lead character in the steamy film. Recently, porn star James Deen was said to be in the running for the part, but he played it coy when asked to confirm the report. Another actor linked to the project was Jake Gyllenhaal.
Though claiming that he hasn't been contacted, Gyllenhaal confessed that he's interested in starring in "Grey". He told Ryan Seacrest, "Yeah, of course! I always want to work, man, of course," before adding, "That's super flaterring. I mean, I have not heard that, but if that's true then that's a nice thing. It's always nice to be considered."
Written by E.L. James, "Fifty Shades of Grey" novel centers on a 21-year-old college student Anastasia Steele, who has an S&M relationship with a wealthy entrepreneur named Christian. Their relationship deepens in the book's sequels, "Fifty Shades Darker" and "Fifty Shades Freed". The first book is included in the New York Times bestseller list.
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection