Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong Enters Rehab After Onstage Rants
Billie Joe Armstrong has checked himself into rehab after throwing expletive rants during Green Day's live performance in Las Vegas. "Billie Joe is seeking treatment for substance abuse," the band announced in a statement.
"We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances."
Billie was furious when the organizers of iHeartRadio Music Festival gave him a 1-minute warning sign during their set at the MGM Grand Arena on September 21. "I'm not f***ing Justin Bieber, you motherf***ers," he said before destroying a guitar and giving a middle-finger salute.
Before the onstage meltdown, Billie Joe was hospitalized for an undisclosed illness when they were about to perform in Italy, forcing them to cancel the gig. After released from hospital, the vocalist joined bandmates Tres Cool and Mike Dirnt to perform at 2012 MTV Video Music Awards.
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party