Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong Enters Rehab After Onstage Rants
Billie Joe Armstrong has checked himself into rehab after throwing expletive rants during Green Day's live performance in Las Vegas. "Billie Joe is seeking treatment for substance abuse," the band announced in a statement.
"We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances."
Billie was furious when the organizers of iHeartRadio Music Festival gave him a 1-minute warning sign during their set at the MGM Grand Arena on September 21. "I'm not f***ing Justin Bieber, you motherf***ers," he said before destroying a guitar and giving a middle-finger salute.
Before the onstage meltdown, Billie Joe was hospitalized for an undisclosed illness when they were about to perform in Italy, forcing them to cancel the gig. After released from hospital, the vocalist joined bandmates Tres Cool and Mike Dirnt to perform at 2012 MTV Video Music Awards.
More Green Day News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie