Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong Enters Rehab After Onstage Rants
Billie Joe Armstrong has checked himself into rehab after throwing expletive rants during Green Day's live performance in Las Vegas. "Billie Joe is seeking treatment for substance abuse," the band announced in a statement.
"We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances."
Billie was furious when the organizers of iHeartRadio Music Festival gave him a 1-minute warning sign during their set at the MGM Grand Arena on September 21. "I'm not f***ing Justin Bieber, you motherf***ers," he said before destroying a guitar and giving a middle-finger salute.
Before the onstage meltdown, Billie Joe was hospitalized for an undisclosed illness when they were about to perform in Italy, forcing them to cancel the gig. After released from hospital, the vocalist joined bandmates Tres Cool and Mike Dirnt to perform at 2012 MTV Video Music Awards.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna