Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong Enters Rehab After Onstage Rants
Billie Joe Armstrong has checked himself into rehab after throwing expletive rants during Green Day's live performance in Las Vegas. "Billie Joe is seeking treatment for substance abuse," the band announced in a statement.
"We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances."
Billie was furious when the organizers of iHeartRadio Music Festival gave him a 1-minute warning sign during their set at the MGM Grand Arena on September 21. "I'm not f***ing Justin Bieber, you motherf***ers," he said before destroying a guitar and giving a middle-finger salute.
Before the onstage meltdown, Billie Joe was hospitalized for an undisclosed illness when they were about to perform in Italy, forcing them to cancel the gig. After released from hospital, the vocalist joined bandmates Tres Cool and Mike Dirnt to perform at 2012 MTV Video Music Awards.
More Green Day News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie