Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong Enters Rehab After Onstage Rants
Billie Joe Armstrong has checked himself into rehab after throwing expletive rants during Green Day's live performance in Las Vegas. "Billie Joe is seeking treatment for substance abuse," the band announced in a statement.
"We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances."
Billie was furious when the organizers of iHeartRadio Music Festival gave him a 1-minute warning sign during their set at the MGM Grand Arena on September 21. "I'm not f***ing Justin Bieber, you motherf***ers," he said before destroying a guitar and giving a middle-finger salute.
Before the onstage meltdown, Billie Joe was hospitalized for an undisclosed illness when they were about to perform in Italy, forcing them to cancel the gig. After released from hospital, the vocalist joined bandmates Tres Cool and Mike Dirnt to perform at 2012 MTV Video Music Awards.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'