Matt Damon Promotes Fracking in First 'Promised Land' Trailer
Gus Van Sant's latest contemporary drama "Promised Land" gets its first trailer available for viewing pleasure. Presenting an intriguing plot which is wrapped in a light way, the video focuses on Matt Damon who tries to persuade farmers in a little town to sell their land for a controversial drilling practice known as fracking.
Damon plays Steve Butler, an ace corporate salesman who is sent along with his partner Sue to close a key rural town in his company's expansion plan. With the town having been hit hard by the economic decline of recent years, the two outsiders see the local citizens as likely to accept their company's offer; for drilling rights to their properties as much-needed relief.
What seems like an easy job for the duo becomes complicated by the objection of a respected schoolteacher with support from a grassroots campaign led by another man, as well as the interest of a local woman. The drama movie will also explore America at the crossroads where big business and the strength of small-town community converge.
In addition to Damon, "Promised Land" is supported by Frances McDormand as Steve's partner Sue, Hal Holbrook as the town's respected teacher, John Krasinski as the grassroot activist, and Rosemarie DeWitt as the local woman Steve has his eyes on. The film will hit the U.S. theaters on December 28, qualifying it for Oscar run.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?