Matt Damon Promotes Fracking in First 'Promised Land' Trailer
Gus Van Sant's latest contemporary drama "Promised Land" gets its first trailer available for viewing pleasure. Presenting an intriguing plot which is wrapped in a light way, the video focuses on Matt Damon who tries to persuade farmers in a little town to sell their land for a controversial drilling practice known as fracking.
Damon plays Steve Butler, an ace corporate salesman who is sent along with his partner Sue to close a key rural town in his company's expansion plan. With the town having been hit hard by the economic decline of recent years, the two outsiders see the local citizens as likely to accept their company's offer; for drilling rights to their properties as much-needed relief.
What seems like an easy job for the duo becomes complicated by the objection of a respected schoolteacher with support from a grassroots campaign led by another man, as well as the interest of a local woman. The drama movie will also explore America at the crossroads where big business and the strength of small-town community converge.
In addition to Damon, "Promised Land" is supported by Frances McDormand as Steve's partner Sue, Hal Holbrook as the town's respected teacher, John Krasinski as the grassroot activist, and Rosemarie DeWitt as the local woman Steve has his eyes on. The film will hit the U.S. theaters on December 28, qualifying it for Oscar run.
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates