PSY's 'Gangnam Style' Is Officially Most Liked YouTube Video in World
After going international with his "Gangnam Style" video, PSY has shattered a Guinness World Record for most liked video on YouTube. With 2,300,102 likes as of press time, the latest viral hit surpasses LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" (1,574,963 likes), Justin Bieber's "Baby" (1,327,147 likes) as well as Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" (1,245,641 likes).
"Having been the 'have you seen this?!' video of the last two months across the web, it's great to be able to award a record for this tremendously popular video," said Guinness World Records Community Manager Dan Barrett. "In years past, it was unthinkable that something would be viewed a hundred million times, and now 'Gangnam Style' has achieved more than twice this figure in just three months on YouTube. PSY - your certificate is waiting here at our office, come pick it up any time!"
"Gangnam Style", which features the South Korean artist performing his iconic horse dance, has been viewed more than 235 million times since it was uploaded on July 15. Bieber's "Baby", however, still holds the record for most watched video of all time.
The world record is just one of a series of achievements that PSY has made with "Gangnam Style". He landed an offer to appear on some popular U.S. shows including "Today" and "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", and got nominated alongside Katy Perry, Lady GaGa and Rihanna for Best Video at the upcoming MTV Europe Music Awards.
More PSY News
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Shows 'Farewell Tour' in First Trailer
- Erin Andrews and Jarret Stoll Get Married in Sunset Ceremony
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London