PSY's 'Gangnam Style' Is Officially Most Liked YouTube Video in World
After going international with his "Gangnam Style" video, PSY has shattered a Guinness World Record for most liked video on YouTube. With 2,300,102 likes as of press time, the latest viral hit surpasses LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" (1,574,963 likes), Justin Bieber's "Baby" (1,327,147 likes) as well as Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" (1,245,641 likes).
"Having been the 'have you seen this?!' video of the last two months across the web, it's great to be able to award a record for this tremendously popular video," said Guinness World Records Community Manager Dan Barrett. "In years past, it was unthinkable that something would be viewed a hundred million times, and now 'Gangnam Style' has achieved more than twice this figure in just three months on YouTube. PSY - your certificate is waiting here at our office, come pick it up any time!"
"Gangnam Style", which features the South Korean artist performing his iconic horse dance, has been viewed more than 235 million times since it was uploaded on July 15. Bieber's "Baby", however, still holds the record for most watched video of all time.
The world record is just one of a series of achievements that PSY has made with "Gangnam Style". He landed an offer to appear on some popular U.S. shows including "Today" and "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", and got nominated alongside Katy Perry, Lady GaGa and Rihanna for Best Video at the upcoming MTV Europe Music Awards.
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels