'Army Wives' Is Renewed for Season 7, Kim Delaney May Not Return
"Army Wives" has been picked up for a seventh season by Lifetime. " 'Army Wives' is a very special program. It's rare to find a series that connects with viewers and resonates so powerfully after six straight seasons, and we couldn't be prouder to have it return to Lifetime next year," the network's executive vp programming Rob Sharenow said on Friday, September 21.
However, not all of the wives will return for the upcoming chapter, which will premiere in 2013. According to Deadline, Kim Delaney, who has portrayed Claudia Joy Holden since the first season, is poised to leave the drama series.
The only actresses signed for the next season are Catherine Bell and Kelli Williams, the latter of whom just joined the show in season 6. Meanwhile, the future of the other cast members is also up in the air because they haven't renewed their contracts which ended at the end of last season.
When announcing the renewal, Lifetime and ABC Studios didn't confirm if all of the cast members would reprise their roles in the next installment. They, however, said an announcement would be made when it's close to the start of the production.
"Army Wives" just wrapped up its sixth season on September 9, averaging 3.2 million viewers and being named No. 1 ad-supported cable series in its premiere time period among women 18 and up.
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons