LMFAO Splitting to Pursue Individual Projects
There will be no more LMFAO, at least in the near future. Duo Redfoo aka Stefan Kendal Gordy and SkyBlu aka Skyler Husten Gordy have announced their break-up which is fueled by their respective desire to pursue different projects.
"I feel like we've been doing this for so long, five or six years," Redfoo told an Australian outlet in a phone interview. "And we're kind of like saying, well, let's just do what's natural and just kind of explore that, instead of like forcing it all the time."
Redfoo has been occupied with his passion in sports, particularly tennis. He has been spending time on the tennis courts in Las Vegas as a coach for a junior player, Ayaka Okuno. "I kind of use the Phil Jackson approach which I teach her some vague things - I teach her how to think for herself on the court," he said. "She's really good at self-analyzing."
In addition to writing for his solo album, he's also planning to launch his own tennis clothing line and writing a song for the New England Patriots. "I'm actually working on a song for them, because they asked me to write a song for their season," he said.
Despite the split, which came a few months after their denial, Redfoo said it was a natural process that they have to go through. "I think that we naturally just started hanging with two different sets of people, two different crowds, but we're always family," he explained. "He'll always be my nephew, I'll always be his uncle."
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX
- Watch Kardashians-Inspired Cat Reality Show 'Keeping Up With The Kattarshians'
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Are Moving to L.A.
- Sara Sampaio Flashes Her Nipple in Sheer Dress at Milan Fashion Week