LMFAO Splitting to Pursue Individual Projects
There will be no more LMFAO, at least in the near future. Duo Redfoo aka Stefan Kendal Gordy and SkyBlu aka Skyler Husten Gordy have announced their break-up which is fueled by their respective desire to pursue different projects.
"I feel like we've been doing this for so long, five or six years," Redfoo told an Australian outlet in a phone interview. "And we're kind of like saying, well, let's just do what's natural and just kind of explore that, instead of like forcing it all the time."
Redfoo has been occupied with his passion in sports, particularly tennis. He has been spending time on the tennis courts in Las Vegas as a coach for a junior player, Ayaka Okuno. "I kind of use the Phil Jackson approach which I teach her some vague things - I teach her how to think for herself on the court," he said. "She's really good at self-analyzing."
In addition to writing for his solo album, he's also planning to launch his own tennis clothing line and writing a song for the New England Patriots. "I'm actually working on a song for them, because they asked me to write a song for their season," he said.
Despite the split, which came a few months after their denial, Redfoo said it was a natural process that they have to go through. "I think that we naturally just started hanging with two different sets of people, two different crowds, but we're always family," he explained. "He'll always be my nephew, I'll always be his uncle."
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer