'SNL' Parodies Mitt Romney's '47 Percent' Leaked Tape in 'Weekend Update Thursday'
The much-talked-about Mitt Romney controversial "47 percent" remark was a subject of jokes on "SNL Weekend Update Thursday". The "Saturday Night Live" election special poked fun at the leaked tape by featuring Jason Sudeikis as the Republican politician who got caught on some hidden cameras.
Taran Killam, Vanessa Bayer and Bobby Moynihan played Fox hosts who were watching the leaked videos in a faux "Fox and Friends" segment. In a clip spoofing the speech at the fundraising event, Sudeikis' Romney said he wouldn't win the votes of 47 percent of the country who don't pay taxes.
He added, "I don't mean senior citizens. And I don't mean members of our armed services. And I don't mean southern whites...When I say 'these people,' I mean black people." The Fox hosts then commented, "I mean, what's the big deal?"
In another "secret" video, the faux Romney and his wife got into a car which turned out to be "Cash Cab" taxi. Another clip saw him singing in a shower, "Oh poor people hate having jobs, the only thing the poor hate more than condoms is waking up and going to a job." He's also caught talking to voters at a McDonald's.
After the sketch dedicated to Romney's "47 percent" video, Seth Meyers pretty much took the lead from the Weekend Update desk. Bill Hader stopped by to impersonate James Carville, while Moynihan appeared as Drunk Uncle.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months