Jackie Robinson Brought Back to Life in First '42' Trailer
Hot on heels of the premiere of Clint Eastwood's "Trouble with the Curve", Warner Bros. Pictures drops a fantastic first trailer for its baseball drama "42". While Eastwood's sports film has a touch of humor, this Jackie Robinson biopic offers a more serious tone with a convincing performance by newcomer Chadwick Boseman as the legendary player and veteran thesp Harrison Ford as Branch Rickey.
With Jay-Z's "Brooklyn Go Hard" playing as the background music, the promo video presents young Robinson as a very talented player who faces trouble as he becomes the first black Major League Baseball star. At one point, he's seen getting smacked in the face with a ball by another player who intentionally wants to hurt him. He's also seen showing his anger and frustration in some other scenes.
"42" presents a powerful story of Jackie Robinson, the legendary baseball player who broke Major League Baseball's color barrier when he joined the roster of the Brooklyn Dodgers. In the film, Ford stars as the innovative Dodger's general manager Branch Rickey, the MLB executive who first signed Robinson to the minors and then helped to bring him up to the show.
Directed and written by Brian Helgeland, "42" will be released in the U.S. on April 12, 2013. Also starring in the biopic are Christopher Meloni, Nicole Beharie, Ryan Merriman, Jon Bernthal, Brad Beyer, Alan Tudyk, Toby Huss, T.R. Knight, John C. McGinley and Lucas Black.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert