Fiona Apple Busted for Marijuana Possession at Border Checkpoint
Singer Fiona Apple was caught red handed in possession of hashish and a small amount of marijuana at a border stop in Sierra Blanca, Texas on Wednesday, September 19. Apple was held for custody at the Hudspeth County Jail for the possession.
Apple is on tour in support of her fourth studio album "The Idler Wheel..." which debuted at number 3 on Billboard Hot 200 chart upon its release in June. She is due to perform in Austin, Texas on Thursday night but it is unknown whether she will be cleared from the possession charge. A representative for the singer could not be reached.
Other famous faces have been busted for drugs at the same border checkpoint during random inspection. They are singer Willie Nelson, rapper Snoop Dogg and actor Armie Hammer. Apple herself did not deny that she is an occasional pot smoker, saying she smoked one with writer Dan Lee.
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape