Fiona Apple Busted for Marijuana Possession at Border Checkpoint
Singer Fiona Apple was caught red handed in possession of hashish and a small amount of marijuana at a border stop in Sierra Blanca, Texas on Wednesday, September 19. Apple was held for custody at the Hudspeth County Jail for the possession.
Apple is on tour in support of her fourth studio album "The Idler Wheel..." which debuted at number 3 on Billboard Hot 200 chart upon its release in June. She is due to perform in Austin, Texas on Thursday night but it is unknown whether she will be cleared from the possession charge. A representative for the singer could not be reached.
Other famous faces have been busted for drugs at the same border checkpoint during random inspection. They are singer Willie Nelson, rapper Snoop Dogg and actor Armie Hammer. Apple herself did not deny that she is an occasional pot smoker, saying she smoked one with writer Dan Lee.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby