Fiona Apple Busted for Marijuana Possession at Border Checkpoint
Singer Fiona Apple was caught red handed in possession of hashish and a small amount of marijuana at a border stop in Sierra Blanca, Texas on Wednesday, September 19. Apple was held for custody at the Hudspeth County Jail for the possession.
Apple is on tour in support of her fourth studio album "The Idler Wheel..." which debuted at number 3 on Billboard Hot 200 chart upon its release in June. She is due to perform in Austin, Texas on Thursday night but it is unknown whether she will be cleared from the possession charge. A representative for the singer could not be reached.
Other famous faces have been busted for drugs at the same border checkpoint during random inspection. They are singer Willie Nelson, rapper Snoop Dogg and actor Armie Hammer. Apple herself did not deny that she is an occasional pot smoker, saying she smoked one with writer Dan Lee.
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery