Fiona Apple Busted for Marijuana Possession at Border Checkpoint
Singer Fiona Apple was caught red handed in possession of hashish and a small amount of marijuana at a border stop in Sierra Blanca, Texas on Wednesday, September 19. Apple was held for custody at the Hudspeth County Jail for the possession.
Apple is on tour in support of her fourth studio album "The Idler Wheel..." which debuted at number 3 on Billboard Hot 200 chart upon its release in June. She is due to perform in Austin, Texas on Thursday night but it is unknown whether she will be cleared from the possession charge. A representative for the singer could not be reached.
Other famous faces have been busted for drugs at the same border checkpoint during random inspection. They are singer Willie Nelson, rapper Snoop Dogg and actor Armie Hammer. Apple herself did not deny that she is an occasional pot smoker, saying she smoked one with writer Dan Lee.
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs