Chad Johnson and Evelyn Lozada's Divorce Finalized
Chad Johnson and Evelyn Lozada are officially back on the market again. Their divorce is finalized just a month after the footballer formerly known as Chad Ochocinco was accused of head-butting the reality TV star during a heated argument.
The dissolution of marriage is quickly settled because both stay true to the prenuptial agreement they signed before they got married last Fourth of July. "My client is a single woman and looks forward to her future," says Eve's rep Danika Berry in a statement via email.
Chad himself appears on "Inside the NFL" to talk about his personal woes. "Being married, being a husband, being a lover, was an honor," he says. "And I lost that. And you know that saying ... 'You never know what you have until it's gone.' And now I finally know what they mean."
"I lost two of the things that really meant the most to me. That someone completed my world, completed me, period. But I just hadn't made that transition to where I needed to be the best man that I could, or best husband that I could. I didn't make it all the way, fully."
Chad, who is charged with first-degree misdemeanor domestic battery, says he's taking anger management classes. "I'm trying to find out how can I channel my anger when I'm in situations to where I would pop off," he explains. "How can I diffuse those situations, trigger points?"
In addition to facing domestic-violence charge, Chad lost his place in his new home at the Miami Dolphins and endorsement deal with Zico coconut water. His reality TV show with Eve that was originally planned to show their wedding ceremony got canceled as well.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences