Chad Johnson and Evelyn Lozada's Divorce Finalized
Chad Johnson and Evelyn Lozada are officially back on the market again. Their divorce is finalized just a month after the footballer formerly known as Chad Ochocinco was accused of head-butting the reality TV star during a heated argument.
The dissolution of marriage is quickly settled because both stay true to the prenuptial agreement they signed before they got married last Fourth of July. "My client is a single woman and looks forward to her future," says Eve's rep Danika Berry in a statement via email.
Chad himself appears on "Inside the NFL" to talk about his personal woes. "Being married, being a husband, being a lover, was an honor," he says. "And I lost that. And you know that saying ... 'You never know what you have until it's gone.' And now I finally know what they mean."
"I lost two of the things that really meant the most to me. That someone completed my world, completed me, period. But I just hadn't made that transition to where I needed to be the best man that I could, or best husband that I could. I didn't make it all the way, fully."
Chad, who is charged with first-degree misdemeanor domestic battery, says he's taking anger management classes. "I'm trying to find out how can I channel my anger when I'm in situations to where I would pop off," he explains. "How can I diffuse those situations, trigger points?"
In addition to facing domestic-violence charge, Chad lost his place in his new home at the Miami Dolphins and endorsement deal with Zico coconut water. His reality TV show with Eve that was originally planned to show their wedding ceremony got canceled as well.
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance