Slash Comes to Lindsay Lohan's Defense
Lindsay Lohan has found an ally in Slash. "The situation last night w/Lindsey was a lame paparazzi stunt. She didn't do anything. it's being blown out of proportion," the former Guns N' Roses guitarist tweets after hearing about her arrest.
LiLo was accused of hitting a pedestrian when driving her black Porsche Cayenne SUV to The Dream hotel in New York. Hours before, she attended Slash's concert at the Hammerstein Ballroom and hung out with the rocker backstage.
Drummer Eddie Trunk who opened for Slash confirmed the sighting by tweeting a picture of LiLo at the gig. "I see @lindsaylohan was arrested last night. She was standing next to me @Slash gig last night," he wrote before jokingly adding, "I'm a bad influence..."
While Slash was not on the scene when the incident happened, his opinion seemed to be backed by a surveillance video reportedly showing that LiLo didn't seem to hit the pedestrian. According to TMZ, the actress did drive her car very close to the alleged victim but she drove it in a very slow speed.
After she drove away, the alleged victim reportedly ran to the commotion near the hotel's club where LiLo, who was said reeking of booze at that time, drew attention from people around her. He didn't appear to confront the actress, and she didn't look flustered or aware that she may have hit someone.
LiLo's publicist Steve Honig said, "While some of the facts are still being gathered, it appears that this is much ado about nothing. We are confident this matter will be cleared up in the coming weeks and the claims being made against Lindsay will be proven untrue."
Her father, Michael Lohan, sang the same tune, "I think this is all a setup. I love my daughter and I believe her 100%." She herself re-tweeted a message from her fan, "The world really should stop picking @lindsaylohan, it's ridicules, she's human Christ, ppl make mistakes get over it, no ones perfect."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story