Amanda Bynes Retires to Do Fashion Line, Gets Warning From Judge
Don't expect to see Amanda Bynes starring in a movie or a TV series anytime soon. Amid her numerous runs-in with the law, the former child actress says she retires as an actor to try her hands at designing clothes to create a fashion line.
"I am retired as an actor. I am moving to New York to launch my career," she tells PEOPLE on a phone interview. "I am going to do a fashion line. I am not talking about being arrested for DUI because I don't drink, and I don't drink and drive. It is all false."
26-year-old Bynes, who is facing a DUI charge and two counts of hit-and-run misdemeanor, insists she's "doing amazing" despite reports to the contrary. She reportedly sounds upbeat, respectful and polite during the phone interview.
In related news, Bynes was warned by judge in a court hearing on September 19 not to break the law once again including not to get behind the wheel until her driving license is reinstated. If she messes up, a hefty sum of bail will be imposed on her.
On Wednesday, prosecutors asked the judge to impose $50,000 bail on Bynes, mentioning her hit-and-run charges as a reason why she's a danger on the road. The request was denied because the accident happened before her license was suspended on August 25.
The "Easy A" actress no longer drives her own car after her black BMW was impounded when she was pulled over by cops recently. The fact that the former Nickelodeon star remains free without bail irked Lindsay Lohan who was sent to jail not a long time ago due to DUI-related case.
More Amanda Bynes News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked