Shakira Announces Pregnancy, Cancels iHeartRadio Music Festival
Shakira has a bun in the oven. The Colombian singer is expecting her first child with her 25-year-old boyfriend, Spanish soccer star Gerard Pique. "As some of you may know, Gerard and I are very happy awaiting the arrival of our first baby!" she wrote on her official website.
She will take a brief break from performing and scrap her scheduled gig at the iHeartRadio Music Festival 2012 in Las Vegas. "At this time we have decided to give priority to this unique moment in our lives and postpone all the promotional activities planned over the next few days," she explained.
"But I'm sure this weekend in Las Vegas will be spectacular and I will be closely following everything that happens there!" the 35-year-old singer continued. On Twitter, she added, "I was really looking forward to the amazing #iHeartRadio Music Festival, but will see you guys soon!"
People at the radio station quickly sent their support to the mom-to-be, "Congratulations, Shakira! - From your friends and fans at iHeartRadio." In return, she graciously replied, "I'd like to thank Clear Channel and my fans for their constant love and understanding."
Shakira was supposed to help kick off the two-day music festivity this coming Friday, September 21 at MGM Grand Garden Arena. She was initially set to join No Doubt, Bon Jovi, Brad Paisley, Lil Wayne, Usher, Calvin Harris, Green Day, Rihanna, Pink, Taylor Swift, Pitbull, Linkin Park, Miranda Lambert and many more.
The pregnancy confirmation came hot on heels of announcement that Shakira, along with Usher, is tapped as a new judge on "The Voice". They will replace Christina Aguilera and Cee-Lo Green who will leave their judge seats on the singing competition to focus on other commitments.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift