Justin Bieber's Mother Opens Up About Sexual Abuse
Justin Bieber's mother reveals about her dark past in her new book "Nowhere but Up". Pattie Mallette revisits her young years when she was molested for years by a "familiar face in my circle of family, community, and friends."
She claims the man usually entered the room where she was coloring completely naked and asked her to touch him. She said it used to occur while other people were just a room away and it happened so often that she felt it was "normal."
Mallette says there were others who also molested her. She talked about a girl from school "trying to teach [her] about pleasure" and a male babysitter who tricked her into undressing in front of him by asking her to model some cute outfits.
"On one hand, I felt disturbed. On the other hand, I was so used to being objectified that I didn't give it much thought. Being naked and being touched in private placed was my normal, so the babysitter's request was familiar territory to me," she says.
There came a point when the constant abuse made her think she was "just a dirty girl." She pours her heart out, "I've spent most of my adult life sifting through the tangled web of emotional wounds and the debris left by the darkness in my childhood."
The book is opened by a foreword by Mallette's super-famous son. "My mom is the strongest woman I've ever met," Bieber writes in the byline. "I've always known it, but this book has helped to remind me just how strong she is."
Mallette herself says in an interview, "I always wanted to write a book about my story. I wanted to be as vulnerable as I could, so that young girls who have been through similar things could relate. I pretty much bared my soul. It definitely furthered my healing process."
Like his mother, Bieber is having a book titled "Justin Bieber: Just Getting Started" coming out. Giving an exclusive peek inside his phenomenal world, it shares the highs and lows of his life on the road, reading his innermost thoughts and feelings as he navigates life in the limelight.
More Justin Bieber News
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed