Thanos Reportedly Confirmed for 'Avengers 2' and 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
Another report surrounding Marvel's "Phase 2" project has emerged. This time around, it is said that villainous Thanos has been confirmed to appear in "The Avengers 2" and "Guardians of the Galaxy".
Sharing the news is Cosmic Book News, which has a chance to speak with Thanos creator Jim Starlin during a recent Montreal Comic-Con event. According to the site, Starlin confirms that the deal with Marvel Studios/Walt Disney Pictures has already been "in place" and that the Mad Titan will appear in both "The Avengers" sequel and the space heroes movie.
Thanos briefly appeared in the mid-credit scene of the Earth's Mightiest Hero movie. In the scene, he hinted about a possible Chitauri invasion upon the Earth. Since then, many fans have been speculating that the Mad Titan will become the "Avengers 2" main villain.
Aside from bringing back Thanos, "Avengers 2" may introduce some new names. Marvel co-chairman Louis D'Esposito recently hinted, "We discussed it at the time and I think in 'The Avengers 2' will see some new characters."
"We're currently working on Phase 2 and we have 'Iron Man 3', 'Thor: The Dark World' and 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' so we returned to those franchises to enlarge them, but I think in 'The Avengers 2' will see one or two new characters."
As for "Guardians of the Galaxy", the project has officially locked James Gunn as its director and scribe. Taking to his Facebook account on Tuesday, September 18, Gunn announced, "Until now I haven't said anything, because I'm trying to be less expulsive about this project than I am about the rest of my life. But last night I got the go-ahead from Kevin Feige to let you all know that, yes, indeed, I am rewriting and directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy'."
"As a lifelong lover of Marvel comics, space epics, AND raccoons, this is the movie I've been waiting to make since I was nine years old. Kevin, Joss [Whedon], and all the folks at Marvel have been amazing collaborators so far, and we're committed to bringing you something majestic, beautiful, and unique."
"The Avengers 2" will hit the U.S. cinemas on May 1, 2015, while "Guardians of the Galaxy" is set to open nationwide on August 1, 2014.
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'