Snowboarder Shaun White Apologizes for Intoxication and Vandalism
Shaun White did not wait long to apologize for his erratic behavior. The Olympic snowboarder, who was arrested for public intoxication and vandalism on Sunday, September 16 morning in Nashville, admitted that he got "carried away" after celebrating with friends and family.
"I want to apologize for the unwise choices I made over the weekend and for any inconvenience it caused my family, friends, business partners, the hotel and their guests," he posted on his Facebook page on Tuesday. "I was celebrating a happy occasion with a ton of family and friends and got carried away. I'm truly sorry for my poor behavior."
The 26-year-old was attending musician Patrick Carney's wedding that day. Drunk, he pulled the fire alarm at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. The guests had to be evacuated out of the building and police were called. White attempted to leave but a hotel guest pursued him and alerted the police. He fell and hit his head against a fence. He was later treated in a hospital but was not seriously injured.
White allegedly also broke the hotel's phone and vandalized his room. He is scheduled to attend a court session on October 10.
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation