Snowboarder Shaun White Apologizes for Intoxication and Vandalism
Shaun White did not wait long to apologize for his erratic behavior. The Olympic snowboarder, who was arrested for public intoxication and vandalism on Sunday, September 16 morning in Nashville, admitted that he got "carried away" after celebrating with friends and family.
"I want to apologize for the unwise choices I made over the weekend and for any inconvenience it caused my family, friends, business partners, the hotel and their guests," he posted on his Facebook page on Tuesday. "I was celebrating a happy occasion with a ton of family and friends and got carried away. I'm truly sorry for my poor behavior."
The 26-year-old was attending musician Patrick Carney's wedding that day. Drunk, he pulled the fire alarm at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. The guests had to be evacuated out of the building and police were called. White attempted to leave but a hotel guest pursued him and alerted the police. He fell and hit his head against a fence. He was later treated in a hospital but was not seriously injured.
White allegedly also broke the hotel's phone and vandalized his room. He is scheduled to attend a court session on October 10.
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her