Snowboarder Shaun White Apologizes for Intoxication and Vandalism
Shaun White did not wait long to apologize for his erratic behavior. The Olympic snowboarder, who was arrested for public intoxication and vandalism on Sunday, September 16 morning in Nashville, admitted that he got "carried away" after celebrating with friends and family.
"I want to apologize for the unwise choices I made over the weekend and for any inconvenience it caused my family, friends, business partners, the hotel and their guests," he posted on his Facebook page on Tuesday. "I was celebrating a happy occasion with a ton of family and friends and got carried away. I'm truly sorry for my poor behavior."
The 26-year-old was attending musician Patrick Carney's wedding that day. Drunk, he pulled the fire alarm at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. The guests had to be evacuated out of the building and police were called. White attempted to leave but a hotel guest pursued him and alerted the police. He fell and hit his head against a fence. He was later treated in a hospital but was not seriously injured.
White allegedly also broke the hotel's phone and vandalized his room. He is scheduled to attend a court session on October 10.
- Watch the Leaked 'Avengers: Infinity War' Comic-Con Trailer
- Jared Leto Circling Lead Role in Sony's 'Bloodshot' Adaptation
- Rihanna and Cara Delevingne Go Braless at 'Valerian' Paris Premiere
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes