Snowboarder Shaun White Apologizes for Intoxication and Vandalism
Shaun White did not wait long to apologize for his erratic behavior. The Olympic snowboarder, who was arrested for public intoxication and vandalism on Sunday, September 16 morning in Nashville, admitted that he got "carried away" after celebrating with friends and family.
"I want to apologize for the unwise choices I made over the weekend and for any inconvenience it caused my family, friends, business partners, the hotel and their guests," he posted on his Facebook page on Tuesday. "I was celebrating a happy occasion with a ton of family and friends and got carried away. I'm truly sorry for my poor behavior."
The 26-year-old was attending musician Patrick Carney's wedding that day. Drunk, he pulled the fire alarm at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. The guests had to be evacuated out of the building and police were called. White attempted to leave but a hotel guest pursued him and alerted the police. He fell and hit his head against a fence. He was later treated in a hospital but was not seriously injured.
White allegedly also broke the hotel's phone and vandalized his room. He is scheduled to attend a court session on October 10.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch