Nelly Furtado Hits 'Parking Lot' in New Music Video
Nelly Furtado releases a new music video in support of her song "Parking Lot". Reflecting the song's title, the clip features the folk and R&B songstress hitting a parking lot full of customized Mini Coopers. The Canadian artist is seen dancing against the cars' blinking headlights in some scenes, and sitting among stuffed animals in the backseat in some other shots.
"Parking Lot" is the third single of Furtado's fifth studio installment "The Spirit Indestructible", which hits the stores across the United States on September 18. The song was produced by Rodney Jerkins and the accompanying clip was directed by Ray Kay, who has also worked on music videos for such A-listers as Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, Lady GaGa and Beyonce Knowles.
The "Say It Right" singer recently said the visuals was a throwback to her teenage years and was a reminiscent of "good times in my hometown, sort of like my own take on 'Summer of 69'."
Meanwhile, to Daily Mirror, she opened up how being a mom changed the way she saw her career. "From [her daughter Nevis Chetan's birth] forward I've been looking at my career in a more professional way," so she claimed. "Before, I was just floating down the river and not really sure what I was doing."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show