Nelly Furtado Hits 'Parking Lot' in New Music Video
Nelly Furtado releases a new music video in support of her song "Parking Lot". Reflecting the song's title, the clip features the folk and R&B songstress hitting a parking lot full of customized Mini Coopers. The Canadian artist is seen dancing against the cars' blinking headlights in some scenes, and sitting among stuffed animals in the backseat in some other shots.
"Parking Lot" is the third single of Furtado's fifth studio installment "The Spirit Indestructible", which hits the stores across the United States on September 18. The song was produced by Rodney Jerkins and the accompanying clip was directed by Ray Kay, who has also worked on music videos for such A-listers as Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, Lady GaGa and Beyonce Knowles.
The "Say It Right" singer recently said the visuals was a throwback to her teenage years and was a reminiscent of "good times in my hometown, sort of like my own take on 'Summer of 69'."
Meanwhile, to Daily Mirror, she opened up how being a mom changed the way she saw her career. "From [her daughter Nevis Chetan's birth] forward I've been looking at my career in a more professional way," so she claimed. "Before, I was just floating down the river and not really sure what I was doing."
Nelly Furtado's "Parking Lot" music video
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival