Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj Laugh Off 'American Idol' Feud Rumor
Just a day after filming "American Idol" season 12, Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj were hit with rumor that they were fighting on the set. Speaking to reporters at a press conference in New York on Monday, September 17, the pop/soul diva squashed off the report.
"How are we gonna feud in two days? I think a feud takes a little longer," Mariah said, which was responded with a burst of laughter by other "Idol" judges, including Nicki herself. The wife of Nick Cannon added, "It's fun, it's music, it's singing, it's laughter."
The Young Money raptress, meanwhile, claimed "it's wonderful" to be on the show so far. Randy Jackson chimed in, "We're having fun, dude. We've been having a good time. There has been a lot of laughs."
If there's a tension, Ryan Seacrest jokingly said it's between him and the remaining original judge. "Randy will not share his mirror, and I've never seen that side of him before," the host enthused. "It's causing friction between you and I."
The alleged feud between Mariah and Nicki was first reported by TMZ. The site said the former interrupted the later many times when the Harajuku Barbie criticized contestants during the Sunday auditions, and the "Starships" hitmaker fought back each time. A source additionally gushed, "These girls just don't like each other."
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'