Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj Laugh Off 'American Idol' Feud Rumor
Just a day after filming "American Idol" season 12, Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj were hit with rumor that they were fighting on the set. Speaking to reporters at a press conference in New York on Monday, September 17, the pop/soul diva squashed off the report.
"How are we gonna feud in two days? I think a feud takes a little longer," Mariah said, which was responded with a burst of laughter by other "Idol" judges, including Nicki herself. The wife of Nick Cannon added, "It's fun, it's music, it's singing, it's laughter."
The Young Money raptress, meanwhile, claimed "it's wonderful" to be on the show so far. Randy Jackson chimed in, "We're having fun, dude. We've been having a good time. There has been a lot of laughs."
If there's a tension, Ryan Seacrest jokingly said it's between him and the remaining original judge. "Randy will not share his mirror, and I've never seen that side of him before," the host enthused. "It's causing friction between you and I."
The alleged feud between Mariah and Nicki was first reported by TMZ. The site said the former interrupted the later many times when the Harajuku Barbie criticized contestants during the Sunday auditions, and the "Starships" hitmaker fought back each time. A source additionally gushed, "These girls just don't like each other."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked