Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj Laugh Off 'American Idol' Feud Rumor
Just a day after filming "American Idol" season 12, Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj were hit with rumor that they were fighting on the set. Speaking to reporters at a press conference in New York on Monday, September 17, the pop/soul diva squashed off the report.
"How are we gonna feud in two days? I think a feud takes a little longer," Mariah said, which was responded with a burst of laughter by other "Idol" judges, including Nicki herself. The wife of Nick Cannon added, "It's fun, it's music, it's singing, it's laughter."
The Young Money raptress, meanwhile, claimed "it's wonderful" to be on the show so far. Randy Jackson chimed in, "We're having fun, dude. We've been having a good time. There has been a lot of laughs."
If there's a tension, Ryan Seacrest jokingly said it's between him and the remaining original judge. "Randy will not share his mirror, and I've never seen that side of him before," the host enthused. "It's causing friction between you and I."
The alleged feud between Mariah and Nicki was first reported by TMZ. The site said the former interrupted the later many times when the Harajuku Barbie criticized contestants during the Sunday auditions, and the "Starships" hitmaker fought back each time. A source additionally gushed, "These girls just don't like each other."
More American Idol News
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'