Report: Director Rupert Wyatt Leaves 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes'
Just a few days after 20th Century Fox lost its long-serving CEO, Tom Rothman, another shocking news from the Century City studio emerges. Fox reportedly will have to find a new director to shepherd its most important project, "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes", since filmmaker Rupert Wyatt abruptly decides to leave the studio's biggest film franchise.
Deadline shares the words that Wyatt, who helmed 2011's "Rise of the Planet of the Apes", doesn't "feel comfortable" with Fox's decision to release the "Apes" sequel on May 23, 2014. The scheduling issue is similar to the reason why Gary Ross suddenly bowed out of Lionsgate Films' biggest franchise, "The Hunger Games", earlier this year.
Should the report be true, this will be a big blow to Fox. However, the big success of the 2011 film may allow the studio to aim high for a new helmer to replace Wyatt. Regarding the report of Wyatt's departure, the studio still hasn't released any official statement.
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" has Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver and Scott. Z. Burns penning the script that follows the story where Caesar and the other apes take over the world. Andy Serkis has been locked to bring Caesar back to life once again.
As for Wyatt, he still has some upcoming projects on his plate. He has been tapped to helm Universal Pictures' "Agent 13" which stars Charlize Theron. He's also interested to direct Warner Bros. Pictures' "Londongrad" which has Michael Fassbender as the leading star.
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!