'SNL' Premiere Presents Seth MacFarlane, Frank Ocean and Gangnam Style
"Saturday Night Live" kicked off the 38th season with Seth MacFarlane as host and Frank Ocean as musical guest. MacFarlane, who has developed "Family Guy" and "The Cleveland Show" among others, delivered a steady stream of laughters since the monologue while Ocean, who was promoting his debut album, gave a solid performance with collaborator John Mayer.
MacFarlane presented what he does best, doing voices and impressions, from the characters of "Family Guy" to "Star Trek" actor George Takei to Marlon Brando. He was also doing Olympic gold medalist swimmer Ryan Lochte during Seth Meyers' Weekend Update. "If you hold your ear up to my ear, you can hear the ocean," MacFarlane told Meyers, adding later "It feels weird to be dry."
The other sketches were also doing the episode some justice. Jason Sudeikis is back as Mitt Romney and Jay Pharoah appears for the first time as Barack Obama in a sketch about presidential candidates. Taking cue from YouTube phenomenon, "Gangnam Style" was also performed with the Korean rapper Psy making cameo. MacFarlane only has to hit a button to make the dance appear and cheer his co-workers.
"SNL" also presented a puppet show with Bill Hader, a sketch about Clint Eastwood'ds infamous conversation with an empty chair and Honey Boo Boo impersonation.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer