'SNL' Premiere Presents Seth MacFarlane, Frank Ocean and Gangnam Style
"Saturday Night Live" kicked off the 38th season with Seth MacFarlane as host and Frank Ocean as musical guest. MacFarlane, who has developed "Family Guy" and "The Cleveland Show" among others, delivered a steady stream of laughters since the monologue while Ocean, who was promoting his debut album, gave a solid performance with collaborator John Mayer.
MacFarlane presented what he does best, doing voices and impressions, from the characters of "Family Guy" to "Star Trek" actor George Takei to Marlon Brando. He was also doing Olympic gold medalist swimmer Ryan Lochte during Seth Meyers' Weekend Update. "If you hold your ear up to my ear, you can hear the ocean," MacFarlane told Meyers, adding later "It feels weird to be dry."
The other sketches were also doing the episode some justice. Jason Sudeikis is back as Mitt Romney and Jay Pharoah appears for the first time as Barack Obama in a sketch about presidential candidates. Taking cue from YouTube phenomenon, "Gangnam Style" was also performed with the Korean rapper Psy making cameo. MacFarlane only has to hit a button to make the dance appear and cheer his co-workers.
"SNL" also presented a puppet show with Bill Hader, a sketch about Clint Eastwood'ds infamous conversation with an empty chair and Honey Boo Boo impersonation.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump