'SNL' Premiere Presents Seth MacFarlane, Frank Ocean and Gangnam Style
"Saturday Night Live" kicked off the 38th season with Seth MacFarlane as host and Frank Ocean as musical guest. MacFarlane, who has developed "Family Guy" and "The Cleveland Show" among others, delivered a steady stream of laughters since the monologue while Ocean, who was promoting his debut album, gave a solid performance with collaborator John Mayer.
MacFarlane presented what he does best, doing voices and impressions, from the characters of "Family Guy" to "Star Trek" actor George Takei to Marlon Brando. He was also doing Olympic gold medalist swimmer Ryan Lochte during Seth Meyers' Weekend Update. "If you hold your ear up to my ear, you can hear the ocean," MacFarlane told Meyers, adding later "It feels weird to be dry."
The other sketches were also doing the episode some justice. Jason Sudeikis is back as Mitt Romney and Jay Pharoah appears for the first time as Barack Obama in a sketch about presidential candidates. Taking cue from YouTube phenomenon, "Gangnam Style" was also performed with the Korean rapper Psy making cameo. MacFarlane only has to hit a button to make the dance appear and cheer his co-workers.
"SNL" also presented a puppet show with Bill Hader, a sketch about Clint Eastwood'ds infamous conversation with an empty chair and Honey Boo Boo impersonation.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7